Monday, December 19, 2016

Caliber Celebrations


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 19 December 2016.

I’ve recently completed another annual experiment to human. It went… okay? I think I’ll renew the terms of the experiment.

“Celebrations” is a relative term. I do stuff on my own for me and then dinner with the family, which we have not done yet.
____________________________

Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow Palette – cosmetic acquisitions have decreased and yet I decided to treat myself to the Moondust Eyeshadow Palette. I like the concept, the execution of the whole production, the colors, and I had a good amount of store points that were expiring at the end of the (birthday) month. I knew that I wanted it, yet I am satisfied with my makeup collection that I held off and hesitated at first. Besides what I mentioned earlier, I woke up one day, looked over, saw the “moondust” mirror reflect what little light was present and just knew that I was glad that I went ahead with it. It’s a small thing, but I much prefer silver over gold and yet there is quite a bit of gold in my room because it was the color scheme of other things that I have picked up over the years (mostly makeup product packaging that I like anyway).



Look at this beautifully engineered shade. The bottom is a little unfocused to try to show just how sparkly these are in person.

Starbucks (not pictured) – I’m not that fond of Starbucks. I think I go once in a long while because it reminds me of a good friend from the past. It’s probably time to let the memories go. I enjoy getting free stuff though so I did go for the birthday drink this year. It was a Salted Caramel Frappuccino No Whip. Is it just me or are the Frappuccinos not as good as they used to be? Did they always melt that quickly? Anyway, free drink – yay!


Sephora – this year, one could choose 1 out of 2 possible Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gifts. One was a sample skincare set from Fresh. I went with the Marc Jacobs eyeliner and lipstick mini set because I have quite a few skincare items to get through already and skincare probably doesn’t keep as well as most makeup products. I haven’t tried the MJ things yet because I was considering giving them away, so we’ll see and I can’t comment much on them right now.


Otto Cake – I debated going and it’s OTTO CAKE! What was I thinking? Of course I was going to pick some up. I ought to say, I did not eat all of this at once. I usually only get 2 slices because what I do is take about 1-2 bites a day. It is so good, so rich, so satisfying that a little is more than enough. It’s my birthday, so 4 slices. I also meant to share it but that didn’t happen. 



Lehua Blossom Honey, Chocolate Caramel, Pineapple, and the star of my taste buds, Orange Chocolate Chip. All good, I don’t think I’ve had the first three before, and OCChip is still stellar. Otto makes the crust too.



Grandparents – Other reasons that I went for Otto Cake included possibly getting my hair cut (holding off on it for now), Greek food (they weren’t open yet, which I knew was probably the situation), and visiting the grandparents (they were home). They’re very private people though. I keep forgetting that they don’t eat cheesecake. I’m not sure that they eat Greek food either. Hm… point of the story: I’m still Popo’s favorite – yay!



Guava Cake – Mmmmm, guava cake! This was the good stuff, too – Delight Bakery. Courtesy of my sweet parents. No, the other sweet parents. Yes, them. They even handed me the knife to slice it up and I’m pleased to report no incidents. It’s not easy, but I shared it with them – the cake, not the knife or the slicing. Then my mom… she’s funny…. She thinks she can tell me to eat MY cake in a timely manner, like right away!
____________________________


Nine West – I thought I would start stopping by the NW Outlet in hopes of finding another pair of shoes. I didn’t think I would find a pair the day I went in but I did and I’m so glad that I was able to get them. I think the style is called Garisono in a black (what the box says) but it’s really a gray faux snakeskin textured pattern. Little known fact: I like snakeskin print, gray/ silver pattern preferred. I bought it after my birthday, so I’m considering it a belated gift to myself.



____________________________

It’s almost the new year and we still have not gone for the family dinner. I’m okay with it. Every family dinner from here on though, I’m going to hear about it. Oi.




Also, I tried out this Birthday Cake flavor of Lenny & Larry’s Cookie – did not like it. I’m not much for vanilla cake or sprinkles, but I didn’t think it helped the flavor that protein products tend to have. I like their other flavors though. The cookie is big so I eat it at a chunk-a-day clip.

Not so bad overall. I mean, can’t complain when the day starts like this:



Until next time, that’s my birthday for now!



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius