Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Week’s Peeks: Keeping My Eyes Open


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 21 September 2016.

You might have noticed that I don’t show a lot of photos with people. Mostly, I take pictures as I walk/ travel around, hence the shots from the bus, views down the street, etc. And, I don’t go out much. I like being at home if I can. Yes, with my cats; they make great people. :P

I’m not sure I can explain the choices I make in photos or describe what are the kinds of things that will likely catch my eye. I haven’t taken much thought to it. I mean, in the moment, if I am able to, I try to capture a view that’s aesthetically appealing to me. But I also like the surprises that can occur when I don’t have the time to present a particular frame. I try to keep my eyes open to the possible shots around me and sometimes, magic happens.

Always be safe about surroundings though.

I try not to adjust anything (besides sometimes cropping or masking) or use filters. Mostly what I’ll do is adjust the lighting if a shot is too dark or color fix (usually white balance), especially for the face shots because I often don’t have much time or choice for when or where I take the pictures. Actually, I might adjust the lighting on any interior shots, but for the outdoor shots, either taken outdoors or of the outdoors, I usually leave untouched.

I am looking into getting a new cámara soon (Ugh, I think I miss Spanish class still). I’ve been taking a lot of photos with my phone; it’s convenient, I’ll admit, but it’s not always the best choice. My p-n-s Olympus is 8 years old now and I have put it through the ringer as my only camara before I got the smartphone. I am concerned that in the two years that I’ve had the current phone, I am killing the camara on it too.

“Soon” is a relative term though. I take way too long researching what’s currently out there or what’s coming up and what I want exactly and then there’s costs! I’m exhausted already.

Here are the Week’s Peeks from the weeks of September 4th and 11th.










Parking in the shade - oh yeah!



I took a picture to remember these or to have my mom get them, and then I just picked them up anyway.


I'm still considering this one though because, cats.







Yes, I still enjoy the blurry pictures!








I love this place still, but I'm afraid it's starting to lose its connection with the community, just speaking of the physical campus. I should write this entry....





















If you look closely, the rainbow is in front of the apartment building and touching down to the single-residence below, just a street away from me. That has to be the closest I've been to the end of the rainbow! And then just like that, it was gone. Amazing.






















Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius