Monday, August 1, 2016

Beauty Report: July 2016


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 01 August 2016.


This month has been all about going back to using the old faithfuls that I’ve had for a long time (except for a couple of items). Lately, I’ve been in the mode of wanting to use things up or put a good dent in them.

I only took pictures of a few things because a lot of them, I have been using consistently for months, and so you’ve seen them before. Unless it’s a progress shot, showing how much I’ve used up so far, I didn’t take a picture of the usual suspects.

If it seems like I have a photo wearing something that is not listed here, it’s probably that I didn’t wear it much in the month. For example, sometimes I’ll wear a lip color just once, and if I do that several times with different colors, it just doesn’t seem worth it to list ten different products. I’ll try to list things in the captions though.
____________________________

Face___________
Nature Republic Sun Gel (SPF 50/ PA+++)
MAC Prep + Prime Skin (sample)
Benefit Erase Paste – 2 Medium
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation – 123
Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Foundation – Medium
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
NYX Blush – Peach
Benefit Watt’s Up Soft Focus Highlighter (sample)

Eyes___________
NYX Brow Powders – Taupe/ Ash
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil – 05 Brown
L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black
1 NYX Stacked Lush Lashes Mascara – LL03

Lips___________
NARS Satin Lip Pencil – Rikugien (mini)
Maybelline Color Whisper – 30 Pin Up Peach
Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm – Black Tea & Blackberry, Mango & Mandarin (LE)

Scent__________
None


 (LE) Limited Edition
^Discontinued
Bold = not used previous month
1 = Received as personal gift or prize
____________________________



I’ve used the Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Foundation in Medium before but wasn’t so sure about it. I decided to try it now while it’s summer and maybe the baked powder formulation would help the makeup not melt off of my face. So far, so good. I’d like to use it a little more before giving more input on it other than to say that I haven’t been using powder over it to set and having one less layer on my face has been nice.

I didn’t realize how much I have missed using the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It probably has to do with its chocolate scent but it also gives a good warmth to my face. The packaging for the NYX Blush in Peach probably looks familiar – I shattered the blush for a second time, and so I depotted it into the packaging from the Estee Lauder bronzer sample that I had used up. It’s probably safer in there. It’s a beautiful pink but I’ve had this blush for a long time and I think it’s been discontinued, so I would like to use it up. I have another blush very similar so I’m okay once Peach is gone. I’m not used to using the Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter yet. I’m more used to powder products in general but this is a cream. It is a nice pale gold color though, but I think I just want to use it up also.



I went back to using the Urban Decay Naked Palette – I’ve shown it several times in Beauty Reports. This past month, I focused on using Buck and Half Baked (fifth and sixth from left) because they’re not colors I normally gravitate towards, being on the warm and gold side.



The NYX Stacked Mascara was a new product. I like it so far. I don’t think it’s waterproof, but it has stayed on well in this heat, even without layering it with the waterproof one. I really like the brush though! While brushing it through the lashes, I hit the eyelid less, and I can get the outer corners more easily. I was apprehensive about this mascara because the previous NYX one irritated my eyes, but the Stacked is doing well.

Do you see that progress on Bad to the Bronze? It is getting down to the end, folks. It’s starting to be a pain to use too, but I’m trying not to give up on it unless I really have to. The only drawback at the moment is that it is very dry and can’t retain moisture, being thin and near the end, so I moisten it a little with eye drops. I don’t know if that is okay or problematic, but it is working right now and I haven’t had any irritations. It’s probably one of those “don’t do as I do” type of things.



For lips, I mostly wore NARS Rikugien and Maybelline Colour Whisper in Pin Up Peach because I’m trying to use them up. I throw in a fun favorite every so often too.
____________________________

And that’s just about it! I’ll leave you guys with photos of my face – get used to it – and I’ll see you around. Enjoy!

Lips: Maybelline Pin Up Peach


Lips: NARS Rikugien

Lips: Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche
in Sorbet and Sugarcane


Lips: Bite Beauty Quince





Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.

For comparison, my dry-normal skin is a light-medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: Urban Decay Naked Skin 5.0, MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.