Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Week’s Peeks: No Grit


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 22 June 2016.

It’s been a rough year so far, especially the last few months. Again, I assure you that I am “okay.”

Last week, I had some technical difficulties and needed a rest after it was worked out. Hence, no Week’s Peeks went up. As I worked on this post, I realized that maybe I could have done last week’s one anyway, being that I hadn’t taken many pictures so I had about 10 to share, not the usual about 25-40 pictures.

Well, we went out for dinner and I tried grits for the first time. I had asked my bro what it was and it didn’t sound appealing to me, but curiosity got me. Afterwards, Bro asked how I liked it. I didn’t. He said he didn’t like it either when he had tried it before. Ah well, curiosity box checked.

Now, to remember that for the future.

Grits are okay. I just tend not to like mushy consistency for food.

I mentioned in a Beauty Report that I stopped wearing a certain perfume because I thought it was affecting my skin where I would apply it; I might be allergic or just have adverse reactions to one of the ingredients. It's a lovely scent though. 

“Affecting my skin” was putting it mildly. The skin on my finger was like all the moisture had been sucked out of it and could not be replaced. It was gross. It was spreading and itching too. Not fun. My finger/ hand had a lot of grit it should not have had. I think the allergy or whatever probably triggered an eczema attack which opened the door to an infection.

The pictures here were taken after a couple of months of agony, after I thought it looked like the situation was starting to improve. Still looks gross, but also kinda cool. The body is amazing!

Here are the Week’s Peeks from the weeks of June 5th and June 12th. Enjoy!

 
Face: Tarte Aqualillies Palette
Lips: Bite Beauty Pomegranate
MAC Cherry Liner

Lips: MAC Cherry Liner
Maybelline Orange Shot

I'm learning Revit! :D

See. And this was an improvement. :(


Cajun Shrimp and Cheese Grits


Awe.

Charis thinks Cumberbatch is
"familiar." ;p




She was allowed to stay in the room this night.
My Guard Cat, truly.


Lips: Too Faced The New Black

Tried out some editing on a photo app. This is
mostly white balance.



Salad fixings: local farmer's market produce
Chicken: local grocery store, grilled at home

Yum.

Lips: NARS Rikugien

Present from a co-worker :)







Oh, hello.


Mmmmmmaybe... not.

Menchies: Pineapple with Cookies & Cream frozen
yogurt, and graham cracker dust, waffle cone bits,
cheesecake bits

Evol Wild Mushroom Risotto.

Anyone know of a good risotto recipe?

So gross. So cool!

Awe

Awe

Not mad. Very tired. Lol

Front door parking!
Supporting the rail line businesses. :)


My cute mama. Shh, she doesn't
know I took this! (She might
see it later).




Cantilever!


Awe

Big Vegetable Croquette, Shrimp Fry, Spicy Curry :D

Trying to pretend she's not interested
in my food.

Looked almost like someone wanted to see if it was worth
stealing, lol. (It never is).

:/ First time a book arrived with damage. Not a big deal
but makes me sad. I like my books to have my damage :P






Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius