Monday, April 25, 2016

Beauty Report: April 2016


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 25 April 2016.

It’s starting to get light out when I leave early for work, so I’ve been attempting new places and lighting situations to take ze makeup zelfies (zombie + selfies?). Still working on it. I feel weird taking zelfies out in public on my way to work, and there’s usually strangers around me, so that’s not happening anytime soon; I did try, once.

Let’s get into the Beauty Report for April!
____________________________

Face___________
Nature Republic Sun Gel (SPF 50/ PA+++)
Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation – N3.5 Classic Buff
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation – 123
*Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
*Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
Teri Miyahira Beauty Powder Blush – Destiny (LE)
Teri Miyahira Beauty Powder Bronzer – Faith (LE)

Eyes___________
*NYX Brow Powders – Taupe/ Ash
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze, Hydrangea Hype (LE)
Sei Bella Eyeshadow – Caribbean, Midnight
Urban Decay Naked Palette – Virgin, Naked, Gunmetal
Teri Miyahira Beauty Eyeshadow – Peace (LE)
*Lorac Cobra Mascara
*L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black

Lips___________
Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil – Sable (LE, half-size), Pomegranate (LE, half-size)
Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon – Sucre
MAC Lip Pencil – Cherry
*Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm – Black Tea & Blackberry, Mango & Mandarin (LE)

Scent__________
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (deluxe sample)


*Not pictured
 (LE) Limited Edition
^Discontinued
Bold = wasn’t in previous month
____________________________

Top, from L: Nature Republic Sun Gel
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation in 123
Bottom: L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation
in N3.5 Classic Buff

I finished up the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation. I liked it and may repurchase it in the future, but there are a few that I have been wanting to try – the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Aqua Foundation was one of them. I bought it during the recent Sephora VIB sale. I had to guess with the shade because the local Sephora doesn’t carry the brand in-store. I looked for swatches online and also looked up the shade that Jen from FrmHeadToToe uses because we’re similar skintones, so I went with 123 and it works. I can give more information on my experience with it as I continue to use it more but so far, so good.


My shattered Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent

My cat, for some crazy reason, decided to jump onto my desk where I keep my daily makeup, where there is no desk space to jump upon, and missed because there was no desk space to jump upon. In the failed attempt, she pulled down some of the makeup. Everything survived except for the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent. It shattered. This just happened as I was working on this post, so I don’t know if I’m going to re-press it (which I’ve done before), use it as a loose powder (though that’ll be messy), or just toss it. It’s been good to me and it’s not very expensive, so it might be that last choice. We’ll see what I use for May.


Teri Miyahira Beauty Box for April 2016
Teri Miyahira is a beauty YouTuber whom I’ve watched for a little more than a year. She reviews a lot of vegan/ cruelty-free/ natural beauty products. A couple months ago, she launched her own beauty line as a monthly subscription box. This is the first subscription box that I decided to try; these products were from the first box that arrived in April. Her Destiny Blush and Faith Bronzer has been on my face all month and I like them! They are quite pigmented, so I use a light hand. The blush brightens the face; I’d say it’s a warm medium pink or rose. The bronzer has shimmer, but it’s not as noticeable on the face – it gives a subtle glow. Blush and bronzer are among the things I am not too skilled on so don’t let my photos scare you from trying TM Beauty – full-sized vegan/ cruelty-free/ natural products each month, from an owner/ producer whom I think is trustworthy (I subscribed with my own money).

Incidentally, every time I reach for Faith, George Michael sings in my mind. 😉


From L, clockwise: Maybelline Color Tattoos in
Bad to the Bronze and Hydrangea Hype,
Sei Bella Eyeshadows in Caribbean and Midnight,
Teri Miyahira Eyeshadow in Peace
Remember how I wore aqua eyeshadows a lot in March? In April, I found out that aqua is an on trend color for Spring! Maybe I should have kept going with the aqua, but I decided to go with blues in April. Teri Miyahira Beauty Eyeshadow in Peace was the main one on non-blue days. I complimented them with shadows from the Urban Decay Naked Palette, mostly Naked (so I could possibly hit pan), Virgin to brighten underneath the brows, and sometimes Gunmetal to deepen the outer corners.



I hit pan on Naked!


From top: Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Sucre,
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate,
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry
And I used up the Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Sable! Though, it was a half-size that I got in a holiday set, but still, I used up a lip product. I liked the color and might pick it up again if they ever re-issue it, but I have other light pinks, so I’m good for now. Pomegranate is next to be used up; it was from the same holiday set, and so is also half-sized. The MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry is helping me keep the red on my lips because it can get messy (due to user error, not the product). I already knocked the cap into it and got it all over my hands trying to clean it up – oi.

I recently posted a lip product stock post and swatched every one of them; as I did so, I decided that I had to start using the Bite Beauty Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Sucre. It is so beautiful! Bite Beauty describes it as a “warm pink”; I would add that it’s a medium shade, leaning slightly towards coral (which probably gives it the warmth). So I guess it’s been a Bite Beauty month as far as the lips go.



I’m very close to finishing up the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy deluxe sample. I’ll probably be done with it in three more uses. I haven’t decided what I’ll use when it’s done. I do have another Viva La Juicy in a rollerball duo (with Juicy La Fleur), but I might want to go with something different for a change.
____________________________



I didn’t know where else I would put it on the journal so I thought I’d tag it near the end here: I bought a new deodorant, the Melaleuca Alloy Sport Body Deodorant. It’s geared towards men. I didn’t like the scent of the one for women, and it’s not for sport (why isn’t there one for sporty women?) (not saying I’m a sporty woman), so I went with the one for men. Some of you might know I’m not averse to wearing cologne for men, so if you see me in person and I smell like a man, it might just be the deodorant, or a men’s cologne – I didn’t get a new boyfriend, sorry.

Or maybe I did (or didn’t). The point is, the scent of a male is all me, or at least, the products that I am wearing myself.

If you smell smoke, it’s because I probably (unintentionally) passed through the smoke of a smoker.
____________________________

Having much to use, it’s exciting to use products up or to see significant signs of use. It’s been quite a good month for such signs. I’m glad.

Get ready for May!

L'Oreal Lumi Cushion Foundation in N3.5 Classic Buff

I don't recall showing the cushion foundation before.
It looks messy because 1) I used it, and 2) I store it upside down
when not in use to keep the liquid towards the top where I need it
to be. Also, the compact has a good-sized mirror if one needs it.

Urban Decay Naked Palette
L - R, arrows: Virgin, Naked, Gunmetal

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Sable (LE)

Eyes: Maybelline Color Tattoos in Bad to the Bronze and
Hydrangea Hype, Sei Bella Eyeshadows in Caribbean and
Midnight, Urban Decay Naked Palette

Lips: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Sable (LE)


Face: Teri Miyahira Blush in Destiny,
Teri Miyahira Bronzer in Faith

Eyes: Teri Miyahira Eyeshadow in Peace,
Maybelline Color Tattoo in
Bad to the Bronze,
Urban Decay Naked Palette

Lips: bare

Lips: Bite Beauty Matte Creme
Lip Crayon in Sucre


Lips: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate,
MAC Lip Pencil in Cherry




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.

For comparison, my skin is a light-medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.

Credit(s): Arrow symbols downloaded from: http://icons.mysitemyway.com/magic-marker-icons-arrows/