Monday, February 29, 2016

Beauty Report: February 2016


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, 29 February, 2016.

February’s been fun. I hope my faces show it.

Let’s get into what has touched my face this past month.
____________________________


Face:
Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Sunscreen SPF 50
Nature Republic Sun Gel (SPF 50/ PA+++)
MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion
Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup – 250 Medium Beige
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
CAMP Cosmetics Satin Blush – Glamour Gangstah Gehm (LE)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush – Exposed


Top row: Makeup Geek's Cinderella and Moondust
Top right: NYX Eye brow duo in Taupe/ Ash
Bottom row: MAC's Ricepaper, Bamboo, & Charcoal Brown


Eyes:
NYX Brow Powders – Taupe/ Ash
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze, Icy Mint (LE)
MAC Eyeshadow(s) – Ricepaper, Bamboo, Charcoal Brown
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow(s) – Moondust, Cinderella
Sei Bella Eyeshadow(s) – Fiji, Moss
Urban Decay Naked Palette – Virgin, Sin, Naked, Smog, Toasted
Lorac Cobra Mascara
L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black

Lips
Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil – Sable (LE, half-size)
Colourpop Lippie Stix – Lumiere, Fighter
Maybelline Vivid Lipstick – Vivid Rose
Maybelline Color Whisper – Pin Up Peach
Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment – Rose
Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm – Black Tea & Blackberry, Mango & Mandarin (LE)

Scent:
Marc Jacobs Honey
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (deluxe sample)
Tocca Cleopatra (sample)


*Not pictured
 (LE) Limited Edition

____________________________

Product levels of a few face products.

I finished up the Neutrogena Pure & Free Liquid Sunscreen and moved on to the Nature Republic Sun Gel (50 SPF, PA+++); it was a Christmas present from my brother’s girlfriend. I like it so far; I think it helps my foundation last longer, maybe because it’s a gel. The only thing is that it has a strong floral/ herbal scent, but the scent disappears after application, so it’s not a big deal.

Left: CAMP Cosmetics Glamour Gangstah Gehm (LE)
Right: Tarte Amazonian Clay Exposed
The two blushes come from CAMP Cosmetics and Tarte. The CAMP Glamour Gangstah Gehm blush has microglitter that is noticeable in the pan but not so much on the cheeks, which is fine by me – anything shiny on the face can heighten the look of imperfections, and I have a lot of imperfections on my cheeks. It gives a pretty pinky peach color. Tarte Exposed is an everyday muted rose satin – “everyday” because it goes with any makeup look I might wear, whether bright and colorful or basic neutrals, which is why I like it so much.

Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette
Highlighted shades: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Smog, Toasted
I said I would make the pan at the bottom of the Moondust eyeshadow more evident, and that is what I did! Then I moved on to bust out the Urban Decay Naked Palette; I hadn’t used it by itself in months.

Maybelline Color Tattoos
Left: Bad to the Bronze
Right: Icy Mint
Last year, over the whole year, I made great progress with the Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze. Now I’m back to thinking that it might last forever, as if it lets me think that it’s being used up and then hits a point where it magically replenishes after each use.  I think I’m just anxious to use it all up. I pulled out Icy Mint for a couple uses under green shadows, but otherwise, it’s been Bad to the Bronze all the time.


Dude, I don’t think the waterproof-ness of the L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara is working. :/ I’ve had a few transfers to the under eye area at the end of a work day. I’m trying to figure it out because the one I had before worked so well; it never transferred unless there was heavy crying or something (not that I cry *wink*).

Left to right: Bite Beauty Sable
Colourpop Lumiere
Colourpop Fighter
Maybelline Vivid Rose
Maybelline Pin Up Peach
Oh look, swatches! Because I have been meaning to include swatches so you’d have a better idea of the colors, but then I forget them. I hope you enjoy this lapse in my forgetting script.

The last few months haven’t been too adventurous or varying with the looks, so I was conscious of showing more variety with the lip colors in February. I still want to use up Sable; I have about a quarter inch to go, which is around half used up. I wore the Fighter red for the Chinese New Year celebrations. I wore Vivid Rose once, but I did have someone compliment me on it. I rarely get any compliment or otherwise comment about my makeup.  

I finished up the rollerball fragrance of Honey by Marc Jacobs. I am mainly using Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, also in rollerball format; I’m trying to use it up because I’ve had it a while. I used to use it on top of Honey, so this one is slightly lighter than it usually is because it picked up the lightness of Honey. I’ve also been going through some of the sample scents to pick out what I want to keep. I wore Cleopatra by Tocca a few times this month. Click here to read more about the fragrances that I kept.

So that’s it for February. Bring on March!

Wait, look - it's my face! I'm sorry.



Makeup Geek's Moondust, showing the first hint of pan
at the end of January


On the eyes: Sei Bella Fiji & Moss, NYX
Spring Leaf, Bad to the Bronze,
Cobra & Voluminous Waterproof Mascaras
On the cheeks: Tarte Exposed
On the eyes: Bad to the Bronze, Moondust, Bamboo
Ricepaper, Cinderella, Cobra mascara, Voluminous
Waterproof mascara
On the lips: NARS Cruella lined,
Colourpop Fighter filled
Maybelline Vivid Rose
On the lips: Maybelline Vivid Rose
On the cheeks: Tarte Exposed
On the lips: Bite Beauty Rhubarb
On the cheeks: CAMP Cosmetics Glamour
Gangstah Gehm
On the lips: Colourpop Lumiere
On the cheeks: CAMP Cosmetics Glamour
Gangstah Gehm



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.

For comparison, my skin is a light-medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.