Friday, December 4, 2015

Healthy Go: Where’s The Turkey? & Honu Bakery


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, December 4th, 2015.

Hey! Hello!

So this covers from November 11th to December 1st.

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. This year, my bro cooked the meal and the rest of us just showed up. It’s good to get out of the house every so often, for a free meal, you know?

Really, Bro is a good cook. Me, not so much. The turkey was tasty, not dry, and I didn’t even stop to take a picture of my plate. My bro is also a genius (I’m the Jennius) – he is smart enough to know to make a huge pot of mashed potatoes! Mashed potatoes made up about half my plate, probably the real reason I didn’t stop to take a picture.

I did, however, get a picture with this guy!:
 
Bro's cat. Only boy-cat in our
family.

Double Chocolate Peppermint
Iced Blended from Coffee Bean
& Tea Leaf. The guy gave me
extra stamps too - yay!
I’ve also started having the peppermint chocolatey drinks that come out this time of year. So far, I’ve been steady and holding myself to one a week.


Custard pie, fresh from Liliha Bakery – a tradition with my dad – so yum!

____________________________


Honu Bakery

A couple weeks ago, I had a meeting in town after work. I fit in a site visit and walked to the meeting from there, so I walked for at least an hour that day. Points for me! No? Okay.

The sign for the shop just says "Bakery - Boulangerie"
On the way to the meeting, I passed a bakery. I don’t walk around in that area often at all, so I decided to stop in and pick up a few things to try. I thought it would be expensive but it was reasonably priced, I think.


The bag of chocolate chip cookies were for the family. They were okay. The soufflé cheesecake and the strawberry shortcake were good. Both were light, the sweetness was just enough. I had them on separate days.

Honu Bakery - slice of Strawberry Shortcake
Honu Bakery - Souffle Cheesecake
I like the idea of walking around and finding little places like this. I don’t do it too often though because it’s not very safe or wise to just walk around on my own, even though I walk around on my own a lot.

This was a sweet little find, and now I know it’s there!
____________________________

  • So how was your Thanksgiving? Do you have any traditions?
  • What was the last or your favorite small shop find?


See a few more HG pics from the last week(s) below and I’ll see you next time.



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.


Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius



Still bringing breakfast and lunch
from home.
This day, breakfast from home,
lunch from CBTL - 1/2 Chinese
Chicken Salad. If the other half if
Japanese, does that mean I'm
eating the food of my people? :P
Vanilla Bean Custard, from one of our company friends.
Peppermint Mocha Frappucino, from where?
Cabbage! and corned beef too.
New tumbler! Mine kinsman, R2D2. Though,
it's only 12 oz. due to where the lid screws off. 
Orange Cherry Cheer from Jamba. I like it.
Mililani Restaurant: Sweet Pork Fried Rice and Egg. Yum.
Poke goes with half a 1/2 Chinese Chicken Salad, who knew?
The Jennius knew.