Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Countdown & Drive-By Photo-Shooting 2015


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, December 28th, 2015.

Possibly my favorite thing to do during the Christmas season is to see Christmas displays. I didn’t go last year, and maybe the year before, because… I was down?

I didn’t have anyone to go with me this year – and I went on the spur of the moment – I am down again this year, but I decided that I wasn’t going to miss it, not this time. I also took photos whenever I could as I was in downtown. As soon as displays went up, I started taking pictures. I love walking around all the lights.

Going to see Christmas displays by myself is not ideal for several reasons. One, I don’t like driving, so driving around and taking pictures (I parked on the side and walked around) is more stressful for me – I can’t just look at lights, take pictures, and relax. By the time I see one that might be interesting, I’ve passed it. Two, going to see lights is best done at night, and it’s not particularly safe to be a female walking around at night by herself. Three, I get to share the joy of it… with myself and no one else.

Well, it’s either see lights or don’t see lights, and I chose to see lights this time. At least I got to go where and when I wanted.

Some of the photos I used for a Christmas Countdown on Instagram (@bornjennius). Here are the full photos (some slight editing done):

 
Fuzzy, I know, but it was a pretty 
wreath and I liked that they decorated.












Here are other downtown and the Drive-By photos:














The last year this house will be setting up their garage.














I hope you had a Happy Christmas!

  • What is your favorite thing for the Christmas season?





Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Facebook Profile: Jennifer X | Facebook Page: BornJenniusPage
Bloglovin’: Born Jennius | Pinterest: bornjennius
Instagram: bornjennius | Twitter: bornjennius