Monday, December 7, 2015

Beauty Report: November 2015


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Born Jennius, December 7th, 2015.

It’s pretty much all usual suspects from the previous couple of months, but I’m going to keep with the format before I confuse myself further on what I’m doing with these posts.



November’s Usual Suspects:
The progress on items are roughly (% used up):
     (55%)  Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
     (70%)  Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent
     (55%)  Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
     (88%)  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
     (24%)   NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
     (Who knows??)           Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara (sample)
     (Who knows??)           L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black Brown


November’s First Team:
               Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
MAC – Ricepaper, Satin Taupe
Makeup Geek – Cinderella, Moondust
Colourpop Super Shock Shadow – Intoxicate^1
Urban Decay Naked Palette – Virgin, Naked, Darkhorse

               Face
Colourpop Super Shock Cheek – Cruel Intentions1

               Lips
Colourpop Lippie Stix – Pinch^1, Blood*^1, Lumiere
Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil – Sable1, Winterberry*1
NARS Satin Lip Pencil – Rikugien

               Fragrance
Marc Jacobs Honey
Juicy Couture (deluxe sample) – Viva La Juicy *

*Not pictured.
^Discontinued
1Limited Edition
____________________________


Makeup Geek eyeshadow in Moondust

I can’t believe that I haven’t hit pan on Urban Decay’s Naked and Makeup Geek’s Moondust eyeshadows. I tried to catch the shadow to show the depth of the dips in them. Naked is very close to my skin color, and so I like to use it to blend out other colors, especially if I was a little heavy-handed with them. Moondust is one of my favorite eyeshadows that I own and have used. I’ve been using it a lot in the past few months. It’s described on the Makeup Geek website as a “metallic silver taupe.” 



The product I usually don’t talk about but am going to here is the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment – Untinted. I cannot stand it when my lips are dry. I received the original Untinted and the Rose one in samples from the Sephora Beauty Insider free birthday item in 2012, but didn’t start using the Untinted until this past summer and it seemed okay still. And it is okay. It’s a good lip balm – it’s just not my top choice for a lip balm. Also, the full size is a bit pricey when the one I like best is a third of the price for more product. I am almost done with this one. It has lasted me for about 4 months. When it’s done, I’ll be using the Rose tinted one.
____________________________

 I get to work early in the morning, sometimes before anyone else but I still have to wait for someone to come let me in. Well, first thing in the morning has its benefits in taking selfies – I look fresh and awake, I get to be stealth about taking selfies (be less self-conscious), and then these selfies help me keep record of what makeup I wore all month. 

I think someone saw me trying to take a picture this month. They probably think I’m even weirder than they thought I was. Oh well. They were going to find out sooner or later!

Here are some face pictures of November:

NARS Rikugien on the lips.

I believe this is Colourpop Lumiere
on my lips.

Same day as previous picture, but
later and see, I look tired. I think
this was Bite Beauty
Winterberry on my lips here.

Colourpop Pinch on the lips.
Wow, you mean I wear more tops
than just v-neck t-shirts to work?!




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.


For comparison, my skin is a light-medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.