Friday, November 13, 2015

Healthy Go: Farmer’s Market, Mililani High School



Post originally published by Jennifer X on Who I Am, November 13th, 2015.

I missed HG posting last week, yes. By now, I’ve missed the last 2 posts. This entry covers from October 21st to November 10th.

On a related note, I’ve started to use the scheduling function for posting. For HG, I’m going to run the week from Wednesday to Tuesday, and post on Friday – I wasn’t doing that before. This will give me a few days to gather and prep the photos, and to write something. Hopefully this works out in the long run.





So, the last two weeks, I have gotten out the jump rope and tested it out. It’ll work. It feels like it’s on the verge of being too short for me, but it works. I’ve kept the weights in it, only doing a few minutes at a time. I’m looking forward to building up the stamina.

The Asics are… okay. I’ve only used them for the jumping though so far. I might add arch supports to them; I have the supports, so I’ll be figuring that out soon.
____________________________


Farmer’s Market, Mililani High School

In September, or maybe October, I’ve started going to the Farmer’s Market at Mililani High School. It’s in the main parking lot right across from the Town Center. The market had less vendors than I was expecting, but still plenty things to browse and buy, including fresh herbs, plate lunches, and plants.

So far, I’ve picked up: red potatoes, papayas, apple bananas, Manoa lettuce, cabbage, snow peas, green beans, kale, radishes, sweet potatoes of various kinds, lavosh (lilikoi, lychee), bell peppers, onions of various kinds, and anything else I’ve forgotten at the moment.

If you’re near or in the area on a Sunday morning, check out the Farmer’s Market at the high school – I recommend it!
_______


From the Farmer's Market: potatoes, onions, sweet potatoes.
From the Farmer's Market: radishes, spinach, kale.
And yes, I’ve been cooking. I’ve been preparing my breakfasts and lunches for work; for dinner, I usually have whatever my parents are having, which, I admit, is usually not very healthy, but I’ve been having smaller portions.
____________________________

My tea station.
Jamba Juice once in the last
two weeks.
I’ve also stopped going to Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Jamba Juice on work mornings; I’ll go maybe once a week now, which means, less sugary calories. Instead, I’ll have my breakfast from home and (usually hot) tea. I haven’t noticed much of a difference, like energy-wise and such, but I think it’s been a good change. My wallet sure feels a lot better!

I don't know if poke goes with
Caesar salad, but that's how the
Jennius do it.



Lugged these books from the library
to the bus to all the way home (sort
of). This counts as weightlifting,
doesn't it?

Baby rocks, I mean, mochi from
Japan.


Don't be mad - this was split for breakfast and lunch.

Be mad - this was because I wanted to. I gotta do this less. Sigh.


  • Have you made any changes towards better health lately?




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.