Monday, November 9, 2015

Beauty Report: October 2015


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Who I Am, November 9th, 2015.

Getting this back on track? Maybe.




October’s Usual Suspects:
The progress on items are roughly (% used up):
     (40%)  Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
     (67%)  Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent
     (50%)  Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
     (85%)  Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
     (21%)   NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
     (Who knows??)           Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara (sample)
     (Who knows??)           L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black Brown



October’s First Team:
               Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
Sei Bella – Fiji, Moss
MAC – Ricepaper, Satin Taupe
Makeup Geek – Cinderella, Moondust
Colourpop Super Shock Shadow – Intoxicate^1
NYX Trio – Spring Leaf, Green Tea^
Urban Decay Naked Palette – Virgin, Naked

               Face
Colourpop Super Shock Cheek – Cruel Intentions1



               Lips
Maybelline Vivid – Vivid Rose
L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick – Tender Berry, Rambling Rose
Colourpop Lippie Stix – Pinch^1, Blood^1, Lumiere, Heart On
Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil – Sable1
NARS Satin Lip Pencil – Rikugien

               Fragrance
Marc Jacobs Honey
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
Juicy Couture (deluxe sample) – Viva La Juicy

*Not pictured.
^Discontinued
1Limited Edition
____________________________



I didn’t do too much experimenting, again. Still, I got a little more variety in my looks than in the last few months. I even incorporated some green into the eye looks. One of the reasons why the lip color list is longer than usual is that I sometimes re-apply lip color at work, after lunch, but with a different color than I started the day with.



I moved on from the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara sample to the Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant mascara sample. The TF formula did add thickness to my lashes, and a little length. The brush was an hourglass shape – it was okay for me. I don’t think I’ll be getting the full-sized.

Did you see the progress I’ve made on using up Bad to the Bronze? I can see the finish line, which is going to take me maybe 2 or 3 more months, but still.

The Colourpop Super Shock Cheek in Cruel Intentions is the only one from Colourpop that I own and was the only blush I used all month. I think of it as a medium dusty rose, which I think is pretty against my skin.



I have used up DKNY’s Be Delicious Fresh Blossom perfume! I mean, there’s a drop left in the bottle, but I was already moving the bottle in all directions trying to get more than fumes to spray out – it is DONE. I can’t remember the last time that I used up a full-sized bottle of scent. I’m going to miss it by itself and how well it paired, in my opinion, with Honey, but I think I’ve found other scents that I enjoy more than Fresh Blossom. It’s so fulfilling to use up a product, especially one that takes a long time to use up; it feels like I’m getting my money’s worth and not being wasteful. It feels better when it’s also something that I liked using or would repurchase.
____________________________

















Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.

For comparison, my skin is a light-medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250. Follow my blog with Bloglovin