Monday, October 26, 2015

September 2015 Beauty


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Who I Am, October 26th, 2015.

It’s almost NOVEMBER. Let’s get this done.

September’s Usual Suspects:
The progress on items are roughly (% used up):
     (27%)  Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
     (62%)   Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent
     (35%)  Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
     (80%)   Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
     (21%)   NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
     (Who knows??)           *Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (sample)
     (Who knows??)           *L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black Brown

September’s First Team:
               Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
*Urban Decay Naked palette – ?
MAC eyeshadows – Ricepaper, Satin Taupe, ?
               Face
NYX powder blush – Peach
               Lips
*Maybelline Color Whisper – Lust for Blush
*L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick – Tender Berry, Rambling Rose
               Fragrance
*Marc Jacobs Honey
*DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom

*Not pictured.
____________________________


From the list of August beauty, I took some items off but added nothing new. I was sick for the second half of September, and I don’t really remember what I wore in the first half, so this month’s list is an educated guess. Lately, I’ve been enjoying the routine so that I can get out the door without much fuss.

I have been experimenting with simplifying and adjusting the routine somewhat. I haven’t been using bronzer and sometimes cutting out the concealers.



To start off the individual product updates, I mentioned in a previous month that I had lost the Revlon Peach Parfait Lip Butter – I have since found it, and not in the place which I had suspected. It still looks and smells in good condition, but it feels thinner and greasier than I think it should, if I remember correctly how it used to be when it was fresh, so I am tossing it after all. I had about a quarter-inch of it left.

It’s still going to take the rest of this year and maybe a little more to use up Maybelline’s Bad to the Bronze but I can see the finish line! I think I have less than a quarter left.
____________________________

That’s about it. Nothing fancy this month.






Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.

For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.