Monday, October 5, 2015

DCC: Where Is My Voice?



Post originally published by Jennifer X on Who I Am, October 5th, 2015.


Posting things for the Dictator Conflict Chronicles (DCC)* seems very difficult.

Two obstacles, of which I am aware:
1 – My present sin
2 – A lack of Wisdom

It’s easier to explain the second. I don’t know that I have the wisdom to know what I ought to share, what I ought not to share, and how to share what I ought.

While I have and continue to forgive the group and the situation, I cannot forget. The memories can still bring me to tears. While I am not known for outbursts, I am capable of them.

I don’t want to say anything that is divisive. I don’t want to disparage or discourage others. I don’t want this to be another reason for people to think that God isn’t real, another example that His people are divided. While some reconciliation has been made, there remains a wall between me and the group at large.

How could anyone see Jesus in a wall between his people?

As to the matter of sin, I take it seriously, when I am aware of it, of my own sin.

I’m not talking about being perfect, because that is an impossibility. I am talking about being “blameless,” a person of integrity, a person of my word.

I am currently struggling with an area of my life in which I have not been a person of my word. And, I suspect that it wouldn’t be a big deal to most people, but it’s something that matters to me. I’ve prayed about it a lot. I’ve resolved to do things God’s way, and then in the face of temptation or difficulty, I have faltered on that resolve.

Yet, I am still here. There is Hope. God remains.

So, what can I say?

All that I am able to do is to ask for your forgiveness and your prayers. Please remember me. Thank you.




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional or trained minister or anything. I am a Christian layperson interested in working out my faith and trust in Jesus Christ and sharing where I am on the journey. 

*Previous related post: