Thursday, September 10, 2015

August 2015 Beauty


Post originally published by Jennifer X on Who I Am, September 10th, 2015.

I debated myself (all great debates happen this way, I find) about posting anything this month about last month beauty. If doing the same thing as last month isn’t that exciting for you, then this post probably isn’t going to be for you (and that’s okay).

We did go for a family dinner last month and I have pictures for the makeup look that I wore. I’m holding that off for a post on its own – hey, it could happen. IF it doesn’t happen, then here’s a peek:



August’s Usual Suspects:
The progress on items are roughly (% used up):
     (20%)  Urban Decay Naked Skin Liquid Makeup – 5.0
     (58%)   Rimmel Stay Matte Powder – Transparent
     (25%)  *Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer – Light
     (75%)   Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
     (21%)   *NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
     (Who knows??)           *Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (sample)
     (Who knows??)           *L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara – Black Brown

Marc Jacobs Honey rollerball
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
Urban Decay Naked Foundation 5.0
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Brightener


August’s First Team:
               Eyes
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
*Urban Decay Naked palette – Virgin, Sin, Naked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Gunmetal
*Wet-n-Wild Silent Treatment Trio
*MAC eyeshadows – Ricepaper, Satin Taupe, Bamboo
               Face
*NYX powder blush – Peach
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer (sample)
               Lips
Maybelline Color Whisper – Lust for Blush
L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick – Tender Berry, Rambling Rose
               Fragrance
Marc Jacobs Honey
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom

*Not pictured.

See, not that exciting. Mostly the same things, a shortened list, and didn’t play too much.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder Transparent
Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess sample


The Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess bronzer sample was starting to crumble in places because it was too thin in the pan in places. I re-pressed it.

Maybelline’s Bad to the Bronze was starting to get flaky and dry on the surface, so I remixed it.

It has finally happened. I have lost a makeup item. I don’t have so much that I can’t keep track of it all, but one is lost. I have an idea of where it is, but I am not concerned about it. It’s the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait. I had about 15% of it left and really, I’ve had it for too long, and it was starting to be unusable as it was. If/ when I find it, it ought to be thrown away.

Maybelline Color Whisper Lust for Blush
L'Oreal Infallible Tender Berry
L'Oreal Infallible Rambling Rose


September may or may not be more of the same – things are shaking up with my schedule and focuses, so we shall see, as I say about a many things.

Take care!


Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)



Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.


For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me have been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.