Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Face Files: Mermaid in Tijuana


Today, I’m taking us all to Tijuana!

I wish. I really do. It would be fantastic. I’m sorry.

Let’s just get into it before I say anything else.
____________________________


1. Maybelline Color Tattoo – Icy Mint [LE]
2. Sei Bella eyeshadow – Tijuana
3. Sei Bella eyeshadow – Mermaid
4. Sei Bella eyeshadow – Moss
5. Makeup Geek eyeshadow – Cinderella
6. L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow – Endless Pearl
7. MAC eyeshadow – Ricepaper
8. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil – Junkie
9. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil – Radium
10. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil – Perversion


Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
Revlon Photoready Concealer – Light Medium
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup – 60 Natural Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
11. Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
12. MAC Powder Blush – Immortal Flower [LE]
13. Benefit Watt’s Up! Soft Focus Highlighter
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
14. L’Oreal Colour Riche Collection Privee – Jennifer’s Nude

Salon Perfect eyelashes – Demi Wispies
Duo lash glue – Dark Tone
*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
____________________________





1. Icy Mint all over the lid and slightly past the crease.
2. Tijuana over the lid.
3. Mermaid above the crease.
4. Moss lightly in the crease and outer corner.
5. Cinderella to blend out Mermaid.
6. Endless Pearl to highlight the browbone.
7. Ricepaper to highlight the inner corner.
8. Junkie on the upper lash line (topped with Moss) and outer half of the lower lash line.
9. Radium on the inner half of the lower lash line.

I put Perversion on the waterline, but nothing really stays on my waterline for long, so I usually skip that. The usual suspects were used on my face. Bronze Goddess is said to be matte, yet has sparkle in the pan, and does come off matte; I used it for a contour and it works well. Immortal Flower is a really pretty light peachy blush on me. I haven’t used Watt’s Up! much yet, and so this was just practice; I think it works for me color-wise at least.

At first, I thought I’d do a bright fuchsia lip (I have so many of them) but went with Jennifer’s Nude instead. It is a touch darker than my lip color. I haven’t worn false lashes in a long time so I took out the Salon Perfect Demi Wispies. I used Big Fatty to beef up my lower lashes.
____________________________

Tijuana is one of my favorite eyeshadows that I own. It’s such a beautiful aquamarine shade. I use Mermaid with it usually – a slightly green silvery shade. I’ve been trying something a little different with the top eye liner by bringing it up and smudging it out some; I think it helps to lift the look of the eye lid. I like it so far.

There it is! What do you think?




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.

*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara - giveaway prize.



Outdoor natural light.
Outdoor natural light.
Outdoor natural light. Phone, slight filtering.
Outdoor natural light.
Outdoor natural light.