Friday, April 24, 2015

Healthy Go: Stuck in Neutral


I’m stuck in neutral. I have to figure something out and shift into a higher gear. I want to make a push, but I also know that pushing myself when I’m not ready or set tends to drop off quickly. I know where I want to get to, a healthier lifestyle that is sustainable by a stronger me. I’ve been trying to figure out a few underlying things (which takes time and dealing) and to create a vision for the next phase towards the larger goal.

I’m just not there yet. I’m not quite ready to push.

If there is any bright spot lately, it’s that even though I may be in neutral, I have not returned to previous bad habits and tastes. (Well, except maybe for iced teas and not sleeping well – the latter I’m blaming on the demon roach currently plaguing my room). I’m basically maintaining the current conditions. I still fit the same clothes, eat fat foods at about the same frequency, and have about the same amount of energy as at the beginning of the year.

Also, I have been slowly shifting my thoughts towards snacking on fruits. Baked cheddar puffs and Snapea Crisps might be healthier choices than French fries, but still I can eat an insane amount in one day if I’m not mindful of it, which kind of defeats the purpose. With fruits, I have to get up and into the kitchen, take a little more time to pick out an assortment, and wash them. We go grocery shopping once almost every week; those weeks, I’ll have at least bananas on hand.

It’s an adjusted mindset and a different set of actions.

My at-home workout area has yet some clearing to be done, but I decided not to wait. I have been rolling out the towel and doing what I can. I dusted off the 10# set, even lifted them a few times. I decided to work on being more intentional with exercises and got in a good chest workout; muscles were properly sore the next couple days, feeling stronger.

I’m stuck in neutral, but it doesn’t mean that I have been doing completely nothing. I am working on creating that vision for the next phase.


I leave you with pictures, mostly of food. Keep in mind, these pictures are from the last three weeks and do not reflect the healthy/junk food ratio accurately. It’s not easy to make the same kinds of fruits in the same bowl look exciting for the 50th time – lol!



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.


Maui Mike's chicken. Haven't had this in a long time! 
Ninja Sushi: Garlic Ebi, Spicy Ahi Donburi. First of the year.
Steamed artichoke with parmesan asparagus. Getting
back into it.
L&L Drive-Inn: french fries, mini katsu all rice. This was
shared with Dad; I had about 2/3 fries and 4 piece katsu,
enough to satisfy.
Fruit plate brought home from Dad.
That's right, I eat souls!
Shrimp Soul, brought home by Dad, not sure from where.
Shared with Mom, this is what I had.
Quaker Oats 1-minute Oatmeal with brown sugar.
Took a different walking route and came across this.
Same place as previous photo.
White Cheddar Mac & Cheese.
Fruit bowl. For some reason, it seems that I want to eat
everything out of this bowl.