Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Face Files: Let’s Tango!


I tend to do a lot of cool looks, so I thought I would take a break and do a warmer look. Plus, I’ve been on the fence about passing on Makeup Geek’s Mango Tango eye shadow and wanted to make another attempt to use it (and have it look at least decent on me).
____________________________

1. Maybelline Bad to the Bronze
2. MAC Ricepaper
3. MAC Soft Brown
4. Makeup Geek Mango Tango
5. Tarte Hammock
6. Tarte Barefoot
Products used:
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
MAC eye shadow – Ricepaper
MAC eye shadow – Soft Brown
Makeup Geek eye shadow – Mango Tango
Tarte eye shadow – Hammock [LE]
Tarte eye shadow – Barefoot [LE]
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil – Woodstock
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash
Revlon Photoready Concealer – Light/ Medium
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup – Natural Beige
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
Tarte Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
Tarte blush – Captivating
Tarte highlighter – Champagne [LE]
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
NYX Lipliner Pencil – Natural
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer – Aurora

7. Urban Decay Woodstock
8. Tarte Park Avenue Princess
9. Tarte Captivating
10. Tarte Champagne
11. Rimmel Aurora
____________________________


To start off, I used Bad to the Bronze all over my lid, leaving the brow bone area clean; I also used some under my lower lash line [1]. On the brow bone and the inner corner tear duct area, I used Ricepaper [2]. Soft Brown went above the crease, to smooth out the transition between the bronze and the brow bone highlight [3].


Next, I dipped into Mango Tango and placed it under the lower lash line, and on the upper-outer lid [4]. I deepened the outer corner with Hammock, then ran it lightly above the crease and the inner corner [5]. Barefoot went on the inner half of the lid for more shimmer [6]. I lined the lower lash line with Woodstock [7], and ran a thin, stiff liner brush with Hammock just above Woodstock.


My eyebrows were filled in next. Then I finished the rest of the face with the usual suspects, plus Park Avenue Princess to contour, Captivating for blush, and Champagne for highlight. I lined my lips with Natural first, to help with the shape. Last, I went with Aurora all over the lips.
____________________________

Indoor lighting.
I don’t think the camera does the colors justice!

In my room, as I’m doing my makeup, I keep thinking that I’m overdoing all of the colors. Then I walk out into sunlight and it’s barely there. I guess that’s better than the other way around.

I think I’ll be keeping Mango Tango for now.



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.

*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara received as a giveaway prize.


Outdoor natural lighting.
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Aurora.
Indoor lighting.
Indoor lighting. Stray hair!
Outdoor natural lighting, no filter.
Outdoor natural lighting, no filter.
Outdoor natural lighting, no filter.