Saturday, April 11, 2015

April 2015 Beauty Palette



Whoa, it’s almost the middle of the month already, so I’ll just get into it.
____________________________

March featured products & notes:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Dawn (Sample)
Honey by Marc Jacobs rollerball
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (as shimmer eye primer)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe (as matte eye primer)
Various eye shadow singles and small palettes:
               Wet-n-Wild Silent Treatment Trio
               Physicians Formula Quartz Quartet
               Sei Bella Fiji/ Moss Duo
               Sei Bella Caribbean/ Midnight Duo
CAMP Cosmetics satin blush in Glamour Gangstah Gehm
MAC cremesheen lipstick in Ravishing
L’Oreal Infallible lipstick in Tender Berry
CAMP Cosmetics Lip Lava in Gehm On!
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Strawberry Jam

I finished up the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation sample, finally; it lasted about two months of somewhat regular use for that small bottle. I didn’t use Bad to the Bronze or Strawberry Jam, and only used Silent Treatment once. Everything else on the list, I used, with additional items.

I was sick for a week, and then I had a week off (I did play with eye looks a couple times), so I didn’t use much. I like Honey a little more than just okay now but it’s not one of my top fragrances; I think I had liked it a lot more before I had come across a few others that I ended up liking more. At least it’s only a rollerball and not a full-sized bottle.

See the March products (and others) in use here:

____________________________

APRIL ~












Products for continuous feature:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Natural Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Brightener
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/ Ash
*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara

April featured products [tentative]:
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom EDP
Honey by Marc Jacobs rollerball
Tarte Aqualillies Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eye and Cheek Palette [LE]
Custom Eye Shadow Quad:
               MAC Soft Brown
               MAC Moon’s Reflection [discontinued]
               Makeup Geek Mango Tango
               MAC Ricepaper
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Bad to the Bronze
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Tough as Taupe
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Hydrangea Hype [LE]
Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil – Brown
Milani Color Statement Lipstick – Nude Crème
Maybelline Vivids Lipstick – Shocking Coral
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick – Ravishing
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter – Peach Parfait
Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer – Aurora
____________________________

It’s going to be another tentative month; there aren’t many items that I’m itching to use soon. The list is just a starting point, things to use so I don’t have to think much in the morning.

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
Marc Jacobs Honey
 I’ll be smelling like Fresh Blossom this month. My idea of it is that it’s a floral/ sharp fruit scent. DKNY says: “A blend of sparkling grapefruit, cassis, and sunkissed apricot meets a blooming floral heart of muguet and rose wrapped in luminous jasmine. Fresh, vibrant, and feminine. I totally got it right, right? Since I don’t have a handy travel size or pocket atomizer for it, I’ll be carrying around Honey for refreshing or if I forget to put the DKNY on; I think the two go together well enough.

Tarte Aqualillies Eye and Cheek Palette
Clockwise, from top left: Champagne highlight, Park Ave
Princess
bronzer, eye shadows in Poolside, Sundeck, Parasol,
Barefoot, Bikini, and Hammock. Center: Captivating blush.
To start out for color, I thought I’d use the Tarte Aqualillies Eye and Cheek Palette – 6 eye shadows, a blush, bronzer, and highlight. I tried to have everything else be complementary to the blush and the aquamarine shadow from the palette, but I’m not exactly sure that they’ll work together. The four shadows in the quad, I just thought I’d pull them out in case of… something.

Clockwise from left: Custom eye shadow quad (MAC Soft
Brown
, MAC Moon's Reflection, Makeup Geek Mango Tango,
MAC Ricepaper), Maybelline Tough as Taupe, Maybelline
Hydrangea Hype, Milani Brown, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze.
I’ve been very happy with the Color Tattoos, on their own and used as bases for eye shadow, so I’m continuing with Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, and Hydrangea Hype. Since using up a Physicians Formula brown eye liner last year, I have missed it but thought I would try one from another brand – I picked up the Milani Liquid Eye Liner Pencil Brown – so far, so good.

Left to right: Milani Nude Creme, Maybelline Shocking Coral,
MAC Ravishing, Revlon Peach Parfait. Bottom: Rimmel Aurora.
I had a difficult time narrowing down a lip line up, hence there are five picks at the moment. Nude Crème shall be the neutral natural one. I thought Shocking Coral and Ravishing would be a nice pop that goes with the blush. I would like to use up Peach Parfait since I’ve had it for a while and is about halfway done already. Then Aurora is the liquid lip color pick for the month.
____________________________

I’m a bit tired of seeing my face with all the pictures that I take in trying to get a decent few for the Face Files posts. I haven’t taken many pictures at all for the last 2 or 3 weeks now.

I do want to have at least 1 FF post each month, so I have about two weeks left to get one done for April.


So… there you have it. Have a good rest of April!

Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.

*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara - giveaway prize.