Thursday, March 5, 2015

March 2015 Beauty Palette



Hello!

Before I get to March, a few things about February:

The month was full of neutrals with sometimes a bold lip; to see one of the looks worn last month, see [FaceFiles: Sizzle’in Red Lips].



It was a fun month. I used up the sample of Chloe and started using Viva La Juicy – I liked the scent before and even more so now. Bad to the Bronze is getting used up well! I also like the Naked Palette a lot more now that I’ve become more comfortable using it. My favorite colors from the palette are Sidecar, Naked, Virgin, and Gunmetal. I think I’ve figured out how to wear colored eyeliner as well, which is exciting. I resisted using Ransom for about a week and then made myself try it.

Now let’s get into March!
____________________________


Products for continuous feature:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Natural Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles in Brightener
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/ Ash
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara


I didn’t need to dive into the Neutrogena foundation last month; I still have about 2-5 uses left of the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation sample. I’ve been experimenting with the Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Brightener, to brighten just the darkness under my eyes, so decided to add it to the list as I’ve become more comfortable with using it. Transferred the Big Fatty Mascara since I typically use only one or two mascaras at a time until they are finished, which takes a few months.



March featured products [tentative]:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Dawn (Sample)
Honey by Marc Jacobs rollerball
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (as shimmer eye primer)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe (as matte eye primer)
Various eye shadow singles and small palettes:
               Wet-n-Wild Silent Treatment Trio
               Physicians Formula Quartz Quartet
               Sei Bella Fiji/ Moss Duo
               Sei Bella Caribbean/ Midnight Duo
CAMP Cosmetics satin blush in Glamour Gangstah Gehm
MAC cremesheen lipstick in Ravishing
L’Oreal Infallible lipstick in Tender Berry
CAMP Cosmetics Lip Lava in Gehm On!
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Strawberry Jam


I’m usually very slow about purchasing scents, but somehow Honey is the one out of my collection that is just okay, which is a good thing I only got the rollerball size. We’ll see, maybe I’ll like it more as I wear it this month.



For March, I’d like to add some color to the eye makeup – the last two months have been very neutral. I had difficulty deciding on the featured products, so the list may change quite a bit by the end. I think I just want to play, then keep track so that I can see what I reached for and what I didn’t; I’m going to start with the items listed and see what happens.


CAMP Cosmetics is a company I heard about through Kristin Gehm on YT. Kristin and CAMP Cosmetics did an eye shadow palette collaboration, and this is their second collab.: a blush and lip lava combination (Glamour Gangstah Gehm and Gehm On!). I didn’t get the eye shadow palette, but decided to try out the Gehm On combo – I have a lot of eye shadows, not a lot of blushes or glosses. I know, I said I’m working on using up other glosses, but I’m on the fence on whether or not it’s time to toss two of the old ones, so I’m making room for this lip lava since it goes with the blush (not that they have to be used together always).


I have had a few lip colors on my mind to use soon because I just enjoy them but haven’t used recently. The ones I narrowed down to are ones I hope will go with the eye colors, which is another reason why the list might change (if I don’t like the color combinations). Ravishing is a “clean light peachy coral” (from the MACwebsite); Tender Berry is a medium mauve; Strawberry Jam is a vibrant magenta.

____________________________

The container I keep the products in is quite full!


Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a cool-toned medium with yellow undertones; the foundations that best match me are: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.