Thursday, March 26, 2015

Face Files: Sunrise Blue Siren


On an off day, I wanted to play around a little with the Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow quad in Siren. After applying its taupes and grays, I wanted to add color, and as I might have mentioned before, I like blue eye makeup. Enter, stage lash line: the NYX Slide On, Glide On Eye Liner in Sunrise Blue


Siren numbers:
1- top left
2- top right
3- bottom left
4- bottom right
Left to right: Siren 1, 2, 3, & 4
Bottom: Sunrise Blue
____________________________

Face Products:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup – 60 Natural Beige
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – 60 Brightener
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – 001 Transparent
Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
CAMP Cosmetics Satin Blush – Glamour Gangstah Gehm


Eye Products:
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – 03 Taupe/ Ash
LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow – 525 Siren
Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad Eye Shadow – Quartz Quartet
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Perversion
NYX Slide On, Glide On Eye Liner – 14 Sunrise Blue
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara


Lip Products:
Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural – N9

Maybelline Color Whisper – 25 Lust for Blush

All products purchased by me except for: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (free sample) and Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara (won in a giveaway).
____________________________

The eye shadow quad isn’t that impressive, but pulled together into a look, I think it works fine enough. After laying out the shadow primer, I covered the lid with Siren 2. Siren 3 was used above the crease. Softly between Siren 2 and 3, and deepening the outer corner was Siren 4. I placed Siren 1 under the eyebrows (lightly) and as an inner corner highlight.

Perversion lined the top lash line, with Siren 4 on top to set it. I lined the bottom lash line with Sunrise Blue. I didn’t want added shimmer on the bottom, so I brought out 2 of Quartz Quartet to soften up the edge of the blue liner. Using a very thin and stiff liner brush, I carefully defined the top of the blue liner with Siren 4.

Siren has a lot of fallout, the shimmer and the dark of 4, so it was a good idea to do the eyes first and then the rest of the face. Foundation and all that were the usual suspects. The eye look was very cool, so I added warmth to the rest of the face with Bronze Goddess and Glamour Gangstah Gehm. For the lips, I tried N9 first, a sheer rosy brown, but didn’t quite like it with the eyes. Wanting something cool yet with some color, I replaced the lip color with Lust for Blush – much better, in my opinion.
____________________________



Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural N9
Maybelline Color Whisper - Lust for Blush
Probably not a look for the everyday or casual outing, yet I’m quite pleased with it. I think I’m improving on the colorful bottom lash line thing. That, or, this blue is just beautiful. I’m disappointed with Siren 2, as that was the least pigmented and least smooth shadow and the one I wanted most in the quad. 



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.


Natural lighting, phone, some filter.
Natural lighting, phone, some filter.
Natural lighting, phone, some filter.
Indoor lighting, camera, no filter.
With Make Up For Ever
Rouge Artist Natural N9 on lips.

Indoor lighting, camera, no filter.
Manipulated background.
Indoor lighting, camera, no filter.
Manipulated background.
Indoor lighting, camera, no filter.
Manipulated background.
Indoor lighting, camera, no filter.
Manipulated background.