Monday, March 30, 2015

Face Files: Skinny Jeans and Spring Green


Starting to get a little more colorful and adventurous!

Did I say that I like blues and greens for eye makeup? I think I have. This day, I wanted to play with both. Looking through the eye shadows for a light green, I decided to use NYX Spring Leaf from a trio and then L’Oreal Skinny Jeans for the blues.
____________________________




Face Products:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup – 60 Natural Beige
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – 60 Brightener
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – 001 Transparent
*Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Soft Matte Bronzer
CAMP Cosmetics Satin Blush – Glamour Gangstah Gehm [LE]


Eye Products:
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – 03 Taupe/ Ash
Maybelline Color Tattoo – 135 Hydrangea Hype [LE]
Maybelline Color Tattoo – 30 Icy Mint [LE]
L’Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow – 208 Skinny Jeans
NYX 3 Color Eye Shadow – 08 Spring Leaf [discontinued]
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Radium
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Ransom
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil – Perversion
*Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara
                                                         

Lip Product:
Maybelline Color Whisper – 30 Pin Up Peach

*All products purchased by me except for: Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess (free sample) and Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara (won in a giveaway).
____________________________

As bases, I used two Maybelline Color Tattoos in Hydrangea Hype (lid) and Icy Mint (above crease). Skinny Jeans 1 went on the inner half of the lid while Skinny Jeans 3 went on the outer half and deepening up the outer corner, pulling it lightly into the crease. Over Icy Mint, I placed Spring Leaf. Under the eyebrows went Skinny Jeans 2.

Radium lined the inner half of the lower lash line. Initially, I was going to put some purple shadow in the look, but switched it to using Ransom to line the outer half of the lower lash line. I made a thin line with Skinny Jeans 4 just above Radium and Ransom. I lined the top lash line with Perversion, setting it with Skinny Jeans 4.

The rest of the face used mostly the usual suspects listed above. For the lips, I wanted something to match closely with Glamour Gangstah Gehm and compliment the eye look well; I chose Pin Up Peach and I think it worked.
____________________________

Not too bad, right?

If I did this again, I think I would add in a medium green or a light brown cream base to help bring the green out and give more dimension in that area. The crease probably could have used more definition between the green and blue and more definition for the lower lash line with a black or nude in the waterline. I would also bring the purple liner in a little more and/or make it a little thicker; one of the reasons why Ransom doesn’t show up much in the pictures is because it is a purple with a blue shift, sort of, so it blends in with the blue nicely but maybe could use a little help there.




The limited edition [LE] and discontinued items:  
  • For the blush, one can substitute with a medium peach blush, something to warm up the look while not competing but complimenting the eyes. I think a good one would be NARS Deep Throat blush; I’d give more options but I don’t have a lot of blushes or knowledge of blushes.
  • For the color tattoos, substitute a skin-toned primer/ cream with well-pigmented eye shadows, or if one has/ comes across another light green and a light blue cream base. At the time of writing/ posting this, Hydrangea Hype (the blue one) might still be found at the drugstore, but not for long; one might be able to find the color tattoos at online stores/ auctions.
  • For the green eye shadow, use any light or kind of bright green eye shadow you already have or find. I can’t think of a specific example, as the only one I have that is close has also been discontinued (yes, I have my shadows for a long, long time).

If anything else was limited edition or discontinued, I don’t know. Of course, any of the products can be substituted out for what one already has and/ or prefers – just get out your favorite blues and greens, or any other color combination!

Ehmm… I don’t actually wear skinny jeans. I mean, I wear jeans, they’re just not skinny. But hey, look – I put on a blue jeans-colored shirt! A small step up from the usual home-y tank – what I’m willing to do for my readers on occasion. ;)

Then I walked out of the house like this to pick up dinner, yes, I did.



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.



NYX 3 Color Eye Shadow – 08 Spring Leaf [discontinued]
L’Oreal Colour Riche Eye Shadow – 208 Skinny Jeans
Natural lighting, cloudy conditions, camera.
Natural lighting, cloudy conditions, camera.
Indoor lighting, camera.
Indoor lighting, camera.
Indoor lighting, camera. Background
removed.
Outdoor lighting, camera, no filters.
Outdoor lighting, camera, no filters.