Thursday, March 12, 2015

Face Files: Brown-Eyed Blues



Hello!

Blue is one of the colors that I gravitate towards in eye makeup. It’s so pretty and I just like it for my eyes. I’ll play it up for a dinner out or tone it down for a casual occasion. I don’t need any more blue eye shadows, but I want to buy more whenever I see one and have to practice self-control to walk away and leave it behind.

On this day, I used a blue (Sei Bella Caribbean) as the center of attraction, in and above the fold – how I tend to wear it for a more everyday kind of look.
____________________________


Face products:
Revlon Photoready Concealer – Light/ Medium
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – Dawn
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles – Brightener
CAMP Cosmetics Satin Blush – Glamour Gangstah Gehm
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – Transparent
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder – Taupe/ Ash



Eye products:
Maybelline Color Tattoo – Tough as Taupe
Physicians Formula Matte Quad:
       -#1 as brow bone and inner corner highlight
       -#2 as transition and bottom lash line smudger
       -#3 in outer corner and crease
Sei Bella Eye Shadow – Caribbean (center, in and above fold)
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil – Perversion
Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara



Lip product: MAC Cremesheen Lipstick – Ravishing
____________________________

Indoor lighting.
The blue is a bit faded in the fold of my eyelid, which is typical of anything I place in that area. I haven’t figured out a way for that not to happen, but one hardly ever sees that part that I don’t worry about it much. I’m thinking of picking up a blue cream shadow to use as a base for something like this, to help the blue really pop. For now, I’ll work with what I’ve got.

I like how the peach/ coral blush and lipstick subtly play off of the blue eye shadow while warming up the face. I am still working out my blush technique but I think I’m getting there.

Almost two full weeks into March and already, I have used almost every single item on the list for themonth – good job.




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted. For comparison, my skin is a medium yellow tone with cool undertones; the foundations that best match me has been: MAC Studio Fix C30, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Natural Beige 60, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Medium Beige 250.

Indoor lighting.
Natural lighting.
Indoor lighting.
Natural back-lighting, phone, light filtering.
Natural lighting, no filter.
Natural lighting, no filter.
Natural lighting, no filter.