Friday, February 20, 2015

Healthy Go: Vooooooooog!



Oh, Volcano,

How wonderous and marvelous are
Thy lava shows,
Releasing thy sulfurous airs!

Or something like that. The vog has been crazy lately, making me tired, nauseated at times, with allergy symptoms, and shortness of breath. The last couple days have brought on the headaches. I have this taste on my tongue like… like I’ve been licking a rock. A friend posted a picture from his balcony on a hill; about a third of the scene was the city below and then the rest is just gray air.

Pray for those whom are suffering greatly from this vog.

So… trying to catch up on the past few weeks…
____________________________

Happy First, Aju!

One Friday, I was at a friends’ place most of the day and then slept over, so that’s why no post. The next day, I woke up early to help out with their daughter’s first birthday party. Where HG is concerned, I got a WORKOUT that day!

As much as I’d like to think that I’m strong and can hang with the guys, I’m not-so-much. I was expecting more of the guys to be there, but no problem – I’ll try to carry any heavy thing I can, do whatever physical labor I can. I carried a bunch of stuff from the loading zone to the site, including a couple tables that I was just tall enough to lift a couple inches off the ground and awkwardly carry. Hey, I didn’t hurt my back, and I was properly sore the next day while still able to move my limbs well.

Friends were well-prepared with everything, especially food! And people kept bringing more… so, yes, I had pretzels and doughnuts and brownies and other stuff. I had to be Good Aunty and help the birthday girl eat, right? I threw in some tangerines and stuff for some balance.

I had a good time. Well, aside from the creepy old guy at a nearby gathering who watched me for some time after I had walked back from the restrooms, passing him at a safe distance; I stopped drinking so much water after that.

And, good news: I don’t scare the baby! :D
____________________________

Campbell's Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup

Last week, no post due to some vog issues. Today was almost another no post due to vog issues, tiredness aside from vog issues, and also computer issues.

Still getting at least 40 minutes of walking and at least 2 flights of stairs, 3 times a week. Walked a dog once. I’ve fallen back on drinking iced tea, so haven’t been reaching the water goals; I could use a new water bottle, probably a stainless steel one. Haven’t been taking too many HG photos lately, so I’m spotty on what I’ve been eating. Fruits are still a go, Snapea Crisps, White Cheddar Baked Puffs, corned beef hash with corn, soups, almonds, string cheese, much more.

Oh! I almost have a good workout space cleared out again in my room! I’m excited. And, it’s starting to look much more manageable for the future.

So, yes, I am still alive – thank you. Hopefully some of the vog will lift and clear out of my lungs and brain for better and more regular posts.
  • How is your Healthy Go journey going?





Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.



Mmmm Breakfast!: burnt english muffins w/ peanut butter,
big bowl of blackberries, kiwi, and strawberry, and a banana.

Dinner: roast with onions, carrots, and potatoes.

Otto Cake: Orange Chocolate Chip, and Guinness cheesecake.
Morning walk view, from top of a steep hill.
Morning walk view, zoomed in (I think).