Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2015 Beauty Palette



Hello,

I meant to have a photo of a typical look I did using the January products but I failed. I already have one face pic for February, so I’ll have at least one look to share next month.


One thing that has already been helpful about having a set of chosen products ready is that I get ready quicker in the morning. I can be indecisive; sorting out the choices in my mind in the mornings while I am still trying to wake up can take a long time. Without makeup, I could be ready in 10 minutes – those were the days! I still do that sometimes, but in the mornings, it would take more than that for my brain to be awake enough to take on the day anyway, so I try not to mind waking up much earlier to do my makeup.

So, having most of the products picked out beforehand has helped. Things already match, I’m not changing my mind in the middle as much, I remember every area more often, etc. It’s been good.

Let’s close out January and get into February.
____________________________
Notes on the January products:

I’ve posted a more detailed review of the prize products here: [Prize Products Review]. In short, I am very pleased with the products, especially with the Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara! I’ve let go of the NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Buttery Nude; the scent was off. At this point, I don’t think I’m that crazy about the LORAC eye primer; it’s decent, but I probably wouldn’t buy it.

I did use a few other products in addition to the January products, but did not substitute anything in place of them; I might have used an eyeliner pencil or lip liner, neither of which had been on the list in the first place.
____________________________


Products for continuous feature:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in 60 Natural Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Revlon Photoready Concealer in Light Medium
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Taupe/ Ash

I have let go of the Tarte Maracuja foundation; I think it’s separating too much now. It wasn’t lasting as long as it used to but I did use it as much as possible. In its place, I’ll be using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation – this is my second bottle of it. The formula is wonderful and at the end of the day, one can barely notice that it faded some. The other products don’t show much progress even though I used them a lot, except for the Rimmel powder, which is slowly but surely showing more pan.


February featured Products:
Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Dawn (sample; not pictured)
Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in Shanghai Sizzle
Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Sable
Chloé Eau De Parfum by Chloé (sample)
Viva La Juicy Eau De Parfum by Juicy Couture (sample)
Urban Decay Big Fatty mascara
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (as eye primer)
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil in Ransom
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed

At the end of last year, I visited an Estee Lauder counter in Macy’s. I got color-matched to the Double Wear Foundation and picked up a sample. It looks like a small sample, but I’ve used it several times already and there’s still more! I’ll have a picture of it next time probably. So far, I like it, but won’t be purchasing a full-size until I’ve finished up others, and then we’ll see.


On the lips, I will be focusing on Bite Beauty’s Sable and Revlon’s Shanghai Sizzle. Sable came in a holiday set of 4 and I have not used any of them yet, so I’m excited to try it. It looks like an everyday kind of pink. Shanghai Sizzle, I’d say, is a neutral medium red. I’m trying to branch out a little with red, and I’m thinking I should make a point to use the more liquid lip products as well since they don’t last as long.

I’m going to continue with wearing Chloé, since it looks like I can finish it up in another week or two (and it’s one of my favorite scents). When that is done, I’ll be using a Viva La Juicy rollerball, since I have two of these also. The Big Fatty mascara will also be continued, since I tend to use one mascara until it’s done, and this one works great!


Bad to the Bronze will be used as an eye primer; I’m still trying to use this up and I think it will be a good base for the next item. For eye shadows, I’ll be dipping into the Urban Decay Naked Palette, a collection of warm browns and companion shades. I have been using a bronze eye liner pencil, but I thought for a pop of color on adventurous days, I would try to incorporate the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Ransom, a violet with sort of a slight blue shift.

On the cheeks shall be the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed. It doesn’t look like much in the pan, but it is a pretty while muted rose, great for everyday use. I think it will give a healthy color to my face and compliment the red lips well.
____________________________

(Notice that I am working on being “fancy?” Labeled pictures, wow! :P And yes, I ended up having to cut out the background to one of the photos because too much shadow - I try not to have to do too much editing to photos.)

(And... just noticed that I forgot to include the Revlon Moisture Stain in the label for the 4th picture. :/ )




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional makeup anything. I am a journeyman makeup enjoyer, hopefully contributing something interesting to my audience. All items purchased by myself unless otherwise noted.