Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hello, 2015!

2015 Fireworks - I like how this came out,
though wish I had a clearer shot.
I don’t really make New Year’s resolutions; I don’t have anything against making them. The New Year is a great time to mark time and progress, and mostly, I am not starting anything new but more so continuing things I’ve already started when it was appointed to start. The few of things I do are projects, big and small, and steps towards the lifestyle that I want to live.

So, what will I be doing?
____________________________
Simplifying – I will probably be writing more on this in the future, but quickly, there were a few things that led up to my decision to simplify my life in general, which will probably be most evident in material stuff. I’ve already started in last autumn, gathering together things to donate or giveaway to friends and family. Cosmetics are already being given away. I’ve tidied up some small areas of my room quite a bit.
 
I've already started to tackle this mess.
Sidenote – in an attempt to simplify my Google photos, I have deleted a bunch of photos from this blog unintentionally. I tested out whether or not deleting photos from Google would also delete from my blog, using a different blog that I used to have and it seemed like it wouldn’t affect the blog. Then I went ahead and deleted some old photos, but now a lot of them are missing from old posts. I went to the help forum, other people had this problem even when they hadn’t done anything (maybe) and it doesn’t look hopeful. I may re-upload and fix those photo links, but I don’t have the time right now. Sorry!

Finances – I have got to get my finances into better shape. Several things need to happen here. I’ve already started some moves; this seems like an ever-going endeavor about which I become increasingly serious at times. I did well in tracking finances last year, so I will continue.

Healthy Go – I’m still thinking through what will be next, and it will be in the Friday posts as I continue this journey. I do hope to be more consistent with the Friday posts this year.

YouVersion Bible App - wonderful!
Bible and Devotional Reads – I am going to do the 6-month whole Bible reading plan again, this time in the New American Standard Bible version (NASB) - I’ve read this one before.

For devotional reading, I have decided on “My Utmost for His Highest” by Oswald Chambers. I believe I received a beautiful leather-bound copy from my youth pastor for high school graduation. I don’t think I’ve ever gone through it completely, and I haven’t looked into it in years. I was recently reminded of it, remembered that I have it, and so I think it’s time.

The constant goal is to grow closer with God, and to exhibit His Good-ness to others the best that I can, with His help and guidance.

Smaller Projects in the Works – more makeup looks, make good use of products, wrap and send out Christmas presents (yes, you read that right), read personal choice books (aside from obligated reads), improve on skincare habits, more craftwork possibly, get used to the new phone, and more as time moves along.
____________________________
At the moment, I can’t think of anything else and I don’t want to delay this post too long. Most likely, I’ll be sharing more about this stuff throughout the year.

Anything in the works for you in 2015? Are you looking forward to anything?


Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)