Friday, January 23, 2015

Healthy Go: Settling In

Stair climb: from the 5th floor, walked up.

Settling In
It’s that time again to settle in to a new schedule! So that’s what I’ve been doing lately, along with taking care of some life stuff and working on my personal projects.

My class schedule will be quite steady this semester. I’ll be on campus three times a week, which will be good for HG purposes - I will be at least getting in about 30 minutes of walking and at least 2 flights of stairs those days, on a more regular basis. In times past, I seemed to lose more inches when I’ve had a more regular schedule.

On the days that I drive, about a third of the walking route will include hills, some steady and some quite steep. I’ve noticed that so far, I haven’t minded having to park far or have hills to walk. I had a thought that perhaps all those stairs helped me be better prepared, mentally and physically, to just take on any extra walking or steep hills. Still, I don’t think I’ll be going crazy with the hills like I did with the stair climbs last semester! Maybe. We’ll see.

This schedule will also mean that I will most likely be having breakfast on a more regular basis, at a more regular time. Over the holidays, I ate a lot of food (in moderation) that was free and/or brought for me; now I shall be settling back into choosing more of my food myself – another thing to look forward to! An earlier semester, I would have breakfast at the campus center, usually two scoops of scrambled egg, one scoop of potatoes, and a corned beef hash patty. They don’t have the hash patty anymore – bummer, ‘cuz it was really good. So I had bacon this once.
____________________________

Foods, lately (about the last three weeks) –

Fruits: bananas, strawberries, Korean pears, tomatoes, cherries.

Vegetables: (usually in a sandwich) lettuce, onions, bell peppers, olives.

Meats: chicken, shrimp, roast pork.

Else: ahi limu poke, jook, Snapea Crisps, Greek yogurt with honey, macadamia nuts, roasted salted almonds, baked white cheddar cheese puffs, vegetable and beef soup, chicken noodle soup, vegetable and won ton mein, Jamba Juice Apples & Greens, chocolate, lemon iced tea, hot tea.

Water: at least 24 oz (3 cups) a day, on most days.
____________________________

Not much else to report at this time. My alien leg has been weird lately as the weather fluctuates. My sleep has been pretty good with a few off nights of no sleep here and there. Took Charis in to the vet and she’s doing fine.

Hello!




Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)


Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.


Ahi!

Limu poke: more ahi!


Jook.

Subway: Oven Roasted Chicken, with veggies.

Free food: egg roll, shrimp tempura, and sushi.

Waimalu Chop Suey: vegetable won ton mein.

Campus center breakfast: scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon.

Free food: Big Kahuna roast pork sandwich.