Friday, January 2, 2015

Healthy Go: Is It Friday?

The Pacific Place Tea Garden Lychee Black Tea
- one of my favorites
Is it? Wow.

So, I’m off to a slow start here in continuing HG, improving upon my HG. Sigh. I haven’t done much yet, haven’t really set goals yet either. I mean, I have some larger goals in mind, like I’ve always wanted to be able to do a pull up, but I haven’t yet worked out how I am going to get there or when. I have things to work on, always. I need a plan of action.

December, I just kind of let loose. I didn’t go crazy but I wasn’t as mindful as I try to be about what I was eating or drinking, and I didn’t do much exercise besides things like walking around or cleaning and such. I had a stamp card that was close to full for Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, so I filled it up and then had the free drink from it; Mom helped fill up the card also. I had one Whopper Jr. and one Quarter Pounder, at different times, during the month. And then there were Thanksgiving leftovers, plus Christmas & New Year treats.

Thursday is usually grocery day for this house. The holidays having been on Thursday meant that we didn’t go for groceries in two weeks. Mostly, it just meant that I didn’t have any fresh fruit on hand. I did have enough Greek yogurt and other healthier snacks in stock as well.

My Christmas-time treat weaknesses: peppermint bark and peppermint hot chocolate.

And, I braved the mall a few times this year, didn’t buy much and it wasn’t too crazy when I went, but I kept passing by the Hokulani Bake Shop - I’ve had their cupcakes before at parties and such. They are so good and so I thought they’d be pricey. I went in this time and the price was decent, so I picked up a few to treat the family and the Bro’s GF. The family favorite seems to be the Strawberry Guava one.

On the healthier side, I have prepped the water bottle for more use. I am drinking my first bottle of 2015 as I type this. Since it has been on the chillier side, I have been drinking more hot tea lately. Does that count as water since tea doesn’t have calories?

I’ve recorded my measurements for January and taken a couple pictures for later comparison.

I’m probably missing something that I had wanted to mention. Well, sorry that this wasn’t… more. I’ve been enjoying the holidays. I hope that your holidays have been enjoyable as well. See you next time!


Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.



Liliha Bakery Custard Pie, for New Year's
- there is no other kind in my book.

Absolute Citron and Foodland's Limu Poke, for New Year's.


Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea, decaf.

Thanksgiving meal, thanks to Bro and Mom - mmmm!

Hokulani Bake Shop cupcakes: Lilikoi, Strawberry Guava,
Salted Caramel, Peppermint Mocha. So good.

Mom's lasagna. And yes, a Paddington Bear plate, so what?

Christmas apple pie, courtesy of Bro and GF.


Cats got a treat for Christmas too; they haven't had their New Year's treat yet.