Friday, January 30, 2015

Healthy Go: I Could Walk For Hours

I’d rather not though, but what is one to do?

View along early morning walk. I forgot what setting I
should be on, and I can't think that early anyway.
On one day, I: woke up early, got ready slowly, had a banana, left early, walked 5 bus stops away (about 20 minutes), took the bus, got off the bus, walked for about 15 minutes + 4 flights of stairs, picked up breakfast along the way and ate it at some point (2 eggs scrambled, 3 slices bacon, 1 scoop breakfast potatoes), ate some of the frozen fruit travel experiment (cherries, strawberries, blackberries), went to class, got out of class, walked about 15 minutes to the bus stop, took the bus, got off the bus, got picked up by my ride, ran errands, had a treat meal (2-piece Popeye’s chicken with biscuit), did stuff, had snacks (Snapea Crisps, almonds), did stuff, went to sleep.


Treat meal: Popeye's 2 piece spicy chicken and biscuit.
 On another day, I: was woken up early, got ready slowly, left early, drove, picked up breakfast along the way (Jamba Juice Apples & Greens and Chicken Flatbread), drove more, parked the car, walked for 15 minutes, walked up 4 flights of stairs, went to class, got out of class, walked about 15 minutes to the car (up some inclines), drove home, had some snacks (almonds, baked cheese puffs, took a nap, woke up, did stuff, had beef and vegetable soup, did stuff, went to sleep.

Campus Center: breakfast special, 2 eggs scrambled,
1 scoop potatoes, 3 slices bacon. 
Some day after that, I: woke up early, got ready slowly, had a banana, left early, walked 5 bus stops away, took the bus, yadda yadda yadda, had breakfast (2 eggs scrambled, 3 slices bacon, 1 scoop breakfast potatoes), 15 minute walk, 2 flights of stairs, 15 minute walk, took the bus, 30 minute walk, home, snacks, did stuff.

Snack bowl: blackberries and more blackberries!

This is somewhat how my days are going to look for a while, with slight variations. It’s not prescriptive, just descriptive. I’m trying to get the non-class days to somewhat line up with how the class days go, so that my body might have an idea of when it might get food or sleep, but so far, not so good. It hasn’t been that bad, but just, okay.

Plus, the vog has been around. I’ve noticed a difference from before. Before, vog would give me a mean headache, make me sleepy, and sometimes sneezy. Now, vog does the same, minus the headache! I don’t have any scientific basis for the change, but I think it may have to do with being in better shape and eating slightly better ever since last semester. I don’t know if there’s a link, but whatever it is, I’ll take it.

One of the cats did something to the jump rope; it was months ago but I was trying to decide whether or not to revive it somehow or toss it. I tossed it. I’ll have to pick up another one.

Food pics look horrible. I should take more pics of the healthy stuff too. Besides what was included in the earlier paragraphs, I also had: Greek yogurt with honey, string cheese, ramen, chicken noodle soup, macadamia nuts, lemon iced tea, water, rice, half of a hamburger steak, and anything else I’ve forgotten.

For the breakfast special, I’ve been having bacon for the meat choice since they don’t have the corned beef patty anymore; the other meat choices are spam or Portuguese sausage. I think some days, I’ll cut back on the special and just have a scoop of potatoes and one scrambled egg. I should also find out what else I could do for a quick yet good breakfast.

I think I’ve been snacking too much also.

At least I’m moving more. Mostly walking. Laying off of the crazy stairs so far while sometimes doing more than I need to.



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)

Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys. I am moving towards a healthier lifestyle in a slow and steady approach.