Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye, 2014!

You survived! Me too!

The more I do these end-of-year reviews or reflections, the more I see that life is life and it would be better to let it be. This was neither a great nor a terrible year. Both the pleasant and the unpleasant happen. I know, I’m getting kind of Ecclesiastes here, but I think this is amazing, that God has seen me through all the good and the not-so-good, and in that, it has been another good year of trusting in Him.
____________________________
·       Attended Arise 2014 Conference – Change
·        Welcome, Auriel!
·        Lost inches
·        Sistah Jules visited
·        5 Meme Night wins
·        Bid farewell to Megamouth
·        Helped start up Hangoutaly
·        Learned through fine online quizzes that I am the Hulk, Rumpelstiltskin, Westley, Khal Drogo, Hook, The Secret Weapon
·        Attended Dean and Jennifer’s wedding
·        Cheered on Kacy Catanzaro, on American Ninja Warrior, from my house
·        Seahorse
·        Warlight 2014
·        Improving knowledge and use of makeup
·        Met Wayne the Win in person!
·        Haven’t yet finished the post about meeting Wayne the Win, but he likes surprises
·        Started sharing this blog more
·        New chair
·        Bid farewell to Sra. Marcello
·        A friend started a group for me
·        242 flights of stairs climbed
·        New phone
·        Started wearing cologne
·        Won a blog giveaway



Books read (that I had noted down):
The Screwtape Letters // C.S. Lewis
The Sign of Four // Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Pursuit of God // A.W. Tozer
A Song of Ice and Fire series, books 1-5 // George R.R. Martin
The Architecture of Happiness // Alain de Botton
Surprised By Joy // C.S. Lewis

Quotes collected:
"We bring nothing to our salvation except the sin for which we need forgiveness." -Alistair Begg, Truth for Life

Read through the Bible twice!
____________________________
My personal favorite posts:
August 11th         Remembering Megamouth
September 3rd  Feline*osophy 20140901

My most read/ seen post (  views):
March 6th           Musings of Past Relationships andType

My most commented post:

My Healthy Go Year End Review:         December 29th                
____________________________

So, it was the year that my heart was broken, letting Megamouth move on. I’ve had to say goodbye to people and pets in the past, and in a way, I am very accepting that death happens/ will happen, yet the experience of giving up Megamouth was somehow… inexpressible. I’m not looking forward to the next time, and yet it’s odd to trust that I’ll be okay through it all.

My presence has been mostly online, I would say, more interactive, learning about online communities and such, making a few friendships which I hope will last a long time.

I’m still struggling with the re-churching/ de-churching deal. It’s actually a good thing in the way that I am wrestling with it, I’m not giving up, it’s still important to me. I’ve been able to let go the bitterness of past painful experiences, but I still have the memories of the pain. And not knowing… not having a vision, I don’t know why that is so tough when there has only been one time that I thought that I had a vision of some possible future and all other times, I didn’t need to have a vision. The constant joy and delight in the Lord that I experienced back in 2008 hasn’t returned, not quite, and I don’t know why. Meeting with a mentor this year didn’t work out. So I continue on, on my own again, reading the Bible and other things related, praying a lot, watching sermons, lectures, and debates online. Maybe I’m still in a time of preparation for something more in the future, I don’t know. But I don’t think anyone is supposed to do this without the support a church body ought to provide for people.

Wow, so that was a lot of things in as short a paragraph as I could get it. If you thought that was confusing, there are so many other things that I am unable to openly express for whatever reasons. I am in tension in other areas as well. I guess… I guess I have been feeling… constrained, in various areas, and I just… see, I don’t know.

This is where I am.

I am ready to bring in 2015 as it is. I’ve got my poke ready, I didn’t get a new bottle of drink, so I’ll just have something I already have. Yes, I make my own traditions for myself.

  •         How was your 2014?



Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)