Friday, November 21, 2014

Healthy Go: Call Me Old Pants

Hello,

View along evening walk.
Movement(s)
52 flights of stairs, which is +8 from last week. 6 different buildings.

Building A: 3 +2 +5 +4 +4
Building B: 3
Building C: 2
Building D & E: 3 +3 +3
Building F: 4 +4 +4 + 4 +4

The stair tour, plus walking around, took an hour and a half. I did 8 flights during class break, and other than that had one other short break. Otherwise, I was on the move. In order to fit in so many stairs in about the same amount of time as before, I knew I had to keep moving and try to keep the buildings close together. I cut down on the pictures this time, a break in the routine.

Last Friday, I did take out the exercise mat to the garage for a test run. I didn’t do much. I think I ought to write out a plan when I do this. I also need to leave my paranoia at the door. Jump-roping outdoors is okay, but somehow lying on the garage floor, doing exercises, has me slightly on edge. I’m covered, but people (and when I say “people,” I mean “creepers”) are still able to see me.

Also, I’m not sure which way my feet should point. I’ll figure this out.


Feeding(s)
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken on flatbread
Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
Lemon iced tea, water, Apples & Greens Jamba, Sweet & Spicy Jamba flatbread, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino, Subway Oven Roasted Chicken on flatbread (provolone, spinach, onion, bell pepper, olive, avocado, pepper),  another Subway on wheat (spinach, lettuce, tomato, onion, bell pepper, olives, cucumber, pepper, American cheese), Fage Greek Yogurt with Strawberries, peanuts, macadamia nuts, Snapea Crisps, Barbara’s Baked White Cheddar Puffs, Blazin’ Steak with mushrooms and brown rice, Trader Joe’s Fruit Wrap (Apple & Blueberry), kiwifruits, and anything else I’ve forgotten.

I’ve been a little sick, minor. Didn’t feel like cooking. I had water, but also I had more iced tea than in the last few weeks.

The Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino was a free drink redemption. If I go to Starbucks, I usually order tea, iced or hot, but I like the Peppermint Mocha and the Salted Caramel Frappuccinos. I allow myself to order one when I have a drink redemption, which isn't very often. I did forget to order it no whip/ light. I do have to rethink this.

To Shoe Or Not To Shoe
I wore shoes on this stair day. One might have noticed in a previous picture that I was wearing slippers; I have modified nails on my two big toes due to damage so bad that they fell off entirely and regrew, only they regrew oddly. They tend to dig into my toes, so I am a huge fan of slippers and open-toed heels now.

However, doing a lot of stairs in slippers is not advised either, as my arches start to hurt and such, so I decided I would be “tough” and wear shoes for once. The toe pain wasn’t too bad, but I did end up with bruising under the nails. And with one irritated heel.

At least my arches didn’t hurt.


Call Me “Old Pants”
Not new pants!
(Please excuse the mess, I've been cleaning)
Actually, no, don’t. I’ll stick to “Fancy-pants” from a friend. ;)

Mom tells me last minute that the church is having the white tent something thing this week (bring items in, take items out). Sigh. I wish I had known sooner, had more time to prepare to give things up. Since I had cleaned my bookshelves back in… September (?), I have wanted to declutter my room, simplify things.

I have a difficult time going through things to give up on such short notice, but I found a few things. And then I found some stuff to take out of the storage box that I could use soon, mostly sweaters, as it can get cold and windy at times here.

The reason for the story: I also found an old pair of pants that I now fit again! I could stand to lose another inch or two around the waist for it to fit perfectly, so I look forward to that - motivation just got a boost.

Bonus: it’s a pair that I could wear for a job interview; I don’t have to hunt for a new pair of work pants, which has been on my mind for a time. I mean, I could use more work pants, but at least I have the one for any possible interviews that may arise.

Hooray for fitting into more clothes!
____________________________

Still not enough movement. No good-looking stranger causing crooked pictures. Need more water.

Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment and/or question(s) in the section below :)



Disclaimer: I am not a professional health anything. I am a health trekker, updating my audience with the different sights, and hopefully encouraging others on their own journeys.



Kiwifruit
Building F, near top.
Building F, near top, looking down.
View along evening walk.
View along evening walk.
Subway Oven Roasted Chicken on wheat
Blazin' Steaks Plate with Mushrooms and Brown Rice

Pants!