Saturday, October 18, 2014

Get Used Up To It Project Update - October 2014

Top left: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
Top right: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
Bottom left: Sei Bella Lipstick in Sunripened
Bottom right: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoked Peach

Hello,

[Original post: http://bit.ly/WIA-GetUsedUpToItProject]


Two goals for the project:

1. To use up products
2. To get used to using certain products

I had two pretty bad breakout spots, at the same time, during this past month and so I went about a week without wearing much makeup at all. I am getting to use up, and used to, more things though.
____________________________

My go-to eye colors for the past month:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze;
Sei Bella duo in Caribbean and Midnight
The List

MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
Nuance Tinted Moisturizer
Revlon Photoready Concealer
Milani Baked Blush -Luminoso
Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze
- Audacious Asphalt
Sei Bella (Nicole Miller) Eyeshadow Duo Compact - Caribbean/ Midnight
- Fiji/ Moss
Benefit They’re Real Mascara (sample)
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Eyeliner - Pewter
Sei Bella Definition Brow Pencil - Brunette
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick -Smoked Peach
Revlon Lip Butter -Strawberry Shortcake
Sei Bella Lipstick - Sunripened
NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss -Frosted Beige
NYX Xtreme Lip Cream-Pinky Nude
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Crush
China Glaze nail polish - Peachy Keen
*Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara (added)

Products in bold = ones used 4 or more times during the interval.
____________________________

NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Pinky Nude: I was using it often. Then I had a clumsy moment when I dropped the wand. On my carpet floor. I tried to clean off the wand and then my thoughts cleared up and said, “Jenn, it’s a cream product. It has been tainted. Let it go.” If I don’t listen to me, who will? So, I let it go. I think it is such a good color on me, but I won’t be repurchasing it because I have many other lip colors to use up and I am not a fan of cream products in general - I am clumsy and am prone to making a mess, especially with the soft creams like the Xtreme Lip Cream.
Benefit They're Real! Mascara (sample)

Top: Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara (added)
Bottom: Benefit They're Real! Mascara (sample)
Benefit They’re Real! Mascara sample: It is drying out, so I think I shall call it done. I liked it for my lashes. It wasn’t clumpy as it thickened my almost non-existent lashes, and I think that was a combination of the brush and the formula. It was a rubber bristle brush that separated lashes well, with a slightly longer row near the tip, which was useful in getting my lower lashes. It doesn’t dry out and flake, but lasts long. I’ll consider buying it in the future; for now, I have several other mascara samples to use and 1.5 full-sized ones. Plus, I would have to think more on if I would buy a non-drugstore mascara, though this one might be worth it. *Adding Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara to the list in its place.


Left: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
Top: Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation in Light
Right: MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in C30
Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation Light: I think I have figured out something to do so that this foundation looks more even and just better overall on my skin. Previously, I was using a dense foundation brush with it; foundation would gather a little in the craters of old acne - not a pretty sight. I have since tried the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, in swirling-buffing motions, and I have noticed that this foundation looks good on me when I have done so - I am pleased. I used about a quarter-inch in the last month.


Top: Sei Bella Sunripened
Middle: Sunripened over Smoked Peach
Bottom: Revlon Smoked Peach
Top: Revlon Strawberry Shortcake
Middle: Strawberry Shortcake over Crush
Bottom: Revlon Crush













Lip Color Combinations: before this project, I had been using Revlon Strawberry Shortcake on top of Revlon Smoked Peach; I think I can still get this combination to work, but I have since found better pairings for them. The first combination is Sei Bella Sunripened on top of Revlon Smoked Peach; this warms up the peach color just enough to match my skintone better and adds a hint of shine, smoothing out Smoked over the lips more. The second combination is Revlon Strawberry Shortcake on top of Revlon Crush. Shortcake lightens up the burgundy-wine Crush and adds a little bit of blue tone to make more of a plum-fuchsia color, which I like much better (it probably shows better on my lips). And, the texture mix of the Crush stain with the soft buttery Shortcake feels wonderful on my lips and lasts quite a long time (without eating or lots of drinking).
____________________________

I shall carry on with this project another month. I am satisfied with how it is going so far. I won’t be talking about each product in such depth for each update, as that would be quite a lot! I’m thinking by the end of this project (probably at the end of this calendar year), I will have talked about most, if not all, the products with a bit of detail.

Some product measurements, showing
use over the month, some much more
than others

2 products down, 1 added, 19 products to go!

Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment in the section below :)
(Click on pictures for a larger view)