Thursday, September 18, 2014

Get Used Up To It Project Update - September 2014


Hello,

[Original post: Get Used Up To It Project]

I know, that was an awkward title. My thinking was that I had two goals for the project:

1. To use up products
2. To get used to using certain products

Hence, getting used up to it. You don’t have to understand it - just go with it, I’ll take care of you. Or something.

I don’t wear makeup every day. This project has me wearing makeup about 3 -4 days a week, even if I’m just staying home. I don’t consider it a waste of product though; one of the main reasons why I don’t know how to use certain products well is because I don’t wear makeup that often, but this project encourages me to wear makeup more and therefore, to become more comfortable and more skilled with using things.

Let’s get on with the update.
____________________________

The List

1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
2. MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
3. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
4. Nuance Tinted Moisturizer
5. Revlon Photoready Concealer
6. Milani Baked Blush -Luminoso
7. Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze
8. - Audacious Asphalt
9. Sei Bella (Nicole Miller) Eyeshadow Duo Compact - Caribbean/ Midnight
10. - Fiji/ Moss
11. Benefit They’re Real Mascara (sample)
12. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Eyeliner - Pewter
13. Sei Bella Definition Brow Pencil - Brunette
14. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick -Smoked Peach
15. Revlon Lip Butter -Strawberry Shortcake
16. Sei Bella Lipstick - Sunripened
17. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss -Frosted Beige
18. NYX Xtreme Lip Cream -Pinky Nude
19. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Crush
20. Essie nail polish - A Crewed Interest
21. China Glaze nail polish - Peachy Keen

*22. Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation
____________________________

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation (finished) &
MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation
Products I have finished up were the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation and Essie A Crewed Interest nail polish. I had gotten 4 more uses out of the foundation and I wiped it pretty clean, so that was easy. I looked into nail polish thinners; the best value I saw was a 4 ounce bottle for little over $2, but I didn’t care to buy that much for one nail polish with such few uses in it. I found a 2 ounce bottle for about the same price, but that is still too much to save so little polish.


Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze &
Sei Bella Eyeshadow in Caribbean/ Midnight;
looks the same as before, though used the bronze often.
I’ve used the Caribbean/ Midnight Sei Bella eyeshadow duo and the MAC Studio Fix twice. I didn’t touch Revlon Smoked Peach, Revlon Strawberry Shortcake, NYX Frosted Beige, Revlon Crush, Fiji/ Moss Sei Bella duo, or the Maybelline Audacious Asphalt.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso: this is going to take a long
time before any progress becomes noticeable!
Otherwise, I’ve been making good use of the rest of the items, marked in bold. Milani Luminoso, NYX Pinky Nude, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze, Sei Bella Brow pencil, I have used nearly each time that I’ve worn makeup. I should have marked the starting length of the stick products so that I could tell any progress; I have marked them for next time. For the other products, it’s not easy to mark usage, like with the Nuance Tinted Moisturizer which is in a black tube, so I can’t tell how much I have used it.

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder; look at that pan!
However, the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is showing signs of usage, meaning: I’ve hit pan on it! I’ve used it pretty much each time that I’ve worn makeup. Just look at that beautiful sliver of silver.

Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation (added item)

One change that I’ve decided on was to use up another liquid foundation, so I will be adding the *Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation to the list. I will focus on using the Tarte foundation and the Nuance tinted moisturizer more so than the Studio Fix, keeping it all on the list but since the Studio Fix is powder and can last longer, I’ll focus on the liquid ones. It’s not easy to tell the level of the foundation in this frosted glass bottle, but I did my best to mark it at the lowest probable sign of usage (at the corner).
____________________________

Using certain products on a regular basis, I do think that I am improving on technique. I have been using a lighter hand with the powder, and I think it’s been looking and wearing better. Use of blush has gotten more even left and right, I think, but that has more to do with my lighting. Eyeliner use has improved. I’m still not easy with the brow pencil or the concealer, but I am going to continue working on them.

So, I am getting used to using products, products are getting used up - the project is going well, I’d say.

2 products down, 1 added, 20 products to go!

I shall carry on with this project another month. See you then!


Essie Nail Lacquer in A Crewed Interest (throw out) &
China Glaze in Peachy Keen.
September 2014 Products - remaining lengths

Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment in the section below :)