Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Look At Me: It’s Easy Being Green


[Disclaimer: really? Okay. I am not a makeup artist. I like to play with makeup. All products purchased by me.]

I haven’t done a green eye look in some time and I wanted to try out a bright liner on the lower lash line, so here it is!

(Click on images for larger view)
____________________________













Products used:
MAC Prep + Prime Moisture Infusion*
L’Oreal True Match Powder (Creamy Natural C3)*
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation (Natural Beige 60)*
Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso 05)
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder (Taupe/ Ash 03)*
Tarte Maracuja Concealer (Light) - used as an eye primer*
Duo Eyelash Adhesive (Dark-tone)*
NYX EL 104 lashes (One side, cut in half) *













1. NYX Eye Shadow Trio (TS29A - Rock & Roll)
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo (Edgy Emerald 50)
3 & 4. NYX Eye Shadow Trio (TS08 - Lime Green, Spring Leaf)
5. Sei Bella Eye Shadow (Moss)**
6. L’Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow (899 Endless Pearl)











1. NYX Slide On Glide On Eye Liner (SL06 Esmeralda)
2. NYX Eye Pencil (911 Emerald City)
3. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (17)
4. Sei Bella Lipstick (Clay Rose)**

*Not pictured
**Not available in stores
____________________________

Edgy Emerald on the lid. Lime Green on the inner half of lid, also to highlight the inner corner. Moss on the outer half, blended up and out, and also in the crease. Rock & Roll mid-shade to blend out crease edge. Endless Pearl on brow bone.

Esmeralda on the inner bottom half lash line. Emerald City on the outer bottom half lash line and on upper lash line. Spring Leaf to smudge out the liners.

I am not getting the concealer to work as a real eyelid primer, so I will be picking up a primer soon. Shadows crease quite a lot on my lids.

If I had to change anything else I did with this look, I would have lined the waterline with black and used a blush that was slightly more pink. I might have also used a lighter neutral brown or gray to blend out instead of the R&R mid-shade; I think it made Moss look a little dirty.

Otherwise, I’m content with the look.


Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment in the section below :)


===Quick note(s)===
Recently, I changed my lighting to daylight bulbs, so hopefully the colors in the photos will be more true and consistently so. Previous lighting would often wash out the color a lot.

Yes, I modified my photos. Basically, I don’t want to show my room and ought to rig up a backdrop for these photos.

Sei Bella products are available through a Melaleuca representative, which I am. I am trying to use up my Sei Bella products only because they are the oldest in my makeup arsenal; I do like the products.