Friday, May 30, 2014

Healthy Go: Reset. Reset Quicker!


Reset: I’ve been sleeping better lately - well, for the past week at least. I’ve been able to fall asleep between midnight and 1 a.m. fairly regularly, usually no later than 2 a.m. In the past week of this, I used a sleep aid only once or twice, which is really good. I wake up at different times still, so working on that end is yet in process. Most nights, I slept through the night.

What has helped has been being fairly consistent with the process - no drinking after a certain time, turning off the main light at night, turning off the computer by a certain time, etc. Then I read. Turning off the lights is the easiest because the days have started to get hot, so I have been sitting in the dark or going by Christmas lights indoors.
____________________________

Various meals since last time:

More seared salmon on spinach and mushroom salad with a side of asparagus topped with parmesan cheese. Blackened the salmon a bit more.


Ramen with kamaboko, green onion, and vienna sausage.


Not pictured: baked potato, spinach and cheese wrap, bananas, baked cheese puffs, Snapea Crisps, almonds, and more.
_________

On the list for the coming week: more artichoke, asparagus, baked potato, mushroom, banana, celery, eggplant, and more.

I have been getting more water in. I also had two treat drinks, this time from Jamba Juice instead of iced mochas (no mochas this week). I still have yet to get a blender or juicer (also looking for a salad spinner, to better dry spinach).
____________________________

The past week, I mostly used the jump-rope; I have to tidy up my indoor exercise area again. It stormed on Sunday, and there was space in the garage, so I went outside and jump-roped. I also walked around to see if I could get any shots of lightning but no deal.  

Between jumping, I decided to try the stop-block in the garage as a step and did alternating step-ups. I wasn’t able to do much more with the stop-block because it’s not actually bolted into the ground, it wobbles just a tiny bit, and it’s not wide like an exercise step would be. As one prone to falling down while walking on flat ground in flat shoes, I thought it best to be a little cautious with the step-ups.

I’m going to start looking for an exercise mat that I can use in the garage for workouts. As one might have noticed in previous updates, I usually just lay a towel down on the carpet floor when I exercise at home, indoors.

Reset?: every so often, I get a sense that something is… off, or… “a disturbance in the force”. I tried describing this to someone recently, and I can’t - maybe not yet. I cried earlier in the week and spent some time with a friend, which helped a little, yet the disturbance remains. I’m okay, I think, I’m just going to try to… something.

So, hopefully, as HG continues to build up this reset, something will get figured out or it helps me get through this time. Sigh.

Thank you for reading! You are welcome to leave a comment in the section below :)