Friday, January 3, 2014

Healthy Go: Up Next, In 2014...

Hello,

It has been a few months since the last HG post. Around last September, I let go of the HG endeavor… quite entirely. It wasn’t intentional. I think the main thing that hit me was having a lot of quick and major decisions to make and having to adjust things.

I can handle change and major decisions, just not easily when several come on top of each other. I am not able to make those decisions and be comfortable with them for a while. I started settling into a few decisions, equilibrating to my preferred state of being, in October, and then other major decisions started up again in November. I was mostly okay again in December but I didn’t really get to HG yet.

It just happens to be January as I’m returning to it. Again, these aren’t New Year’s Resolutions. This could have come sooner if I had equilibrated sooner.

And, really, what I consider to be a major decision is probably ridiculous to you. How many people agonize over a new printer? It’s a major decision to me because I want and expect a printer to last for at least 5 years. If it ends up not lasting that, I will be annoyed. I don’t like being annoyed, especially not by my own doings. Plus, I’m insecure in my knowledge and understanding of tech stuff, and I had to impose on my brother quite a bit for help with information for some of these decisions, all weighing on my equilibrium.

I think I’ve made HG strides in… stress management before. It appears there is more to be improved.

One minor other thing was that the Snapea Crisps that I love for a snack have been difficult to find in the original lightly salted version; finding the Caesar flavored ones have been very easy, but I do not enjoy the taste. I haven’t found another similar snack that I enjoy just as much. This issue is somewhat important to me, because a weakness of mine are potato foods: chips, fries, mashed potatoes, garlic potatoes, baked potatoes - I enjoy them. The Crisps are my favorite and healthy substitute for the potato foods. The past few months that the Crisps have been rare, I turned to potato chips because they were in the house. I have a few bags of Crisps now, trying to have a stock of them. I will also be looking out for something healthy for when I can’t find them again.
____________________________

What resulted with letting HG go a few months:
  • loss of regularity with sleep
  • very little exercise
  • making unhealthy food choices again
  • regaining of previously lost HG inches
  • low energy, some moods, irregular bowel activity

So far, my attempts to re-regulate my sleep in December has not gotten anywhere; that effort is continuing in January. I have already started to return my mind to healthier food choices once more. I also need to be more mindful of my sense of hunger/fullness again. I’ve already started upping my water intake again.

I have yet to return to more exercise.

I know that the inches are back because my shorts are tight again. I have not measured recently. I don’t want to measure again yet; maybe next month. I’m waiting mostly because I was keeping track of measurements in my planner and I haven’t received my 2014 planner yet.

For now, I just want to get going!

So that is where I am at the moment.
I was thinking the other day, remembering some of the wonderful things that came out of HG in the past, so I am gearing up my mind and looking forward to it. Good sleep, more energy, clearer thinking, more stability, and looking good in my clothes - here I come!

If you’ve “let go” of your HG endeavor, TODAY, whatever day you are reading this, at this moment, is a good day to start up again! And I’m still around to encourage you. Let’s get to it!