Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas One and All [2013]

Silent night, Holy night
All is calm, all is bright
Round yon virgin  mother and child
Holy infant, so tender and mild
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Silent night, Holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing Hallelujah.
Christ, the Savior is born,
Christ, the Savior is born.

Silent night, Holy night
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord at thy birth
Jesus, Lord at thy birth.


One of my favorite Christmas songs is Silent Night. Its sweet and gentle whispering qualities washes over me with peace whenever I hear it.

Lindsey Stirling’s production of Silent Night is a delight. In classic Stirling fashion, the scene is set with Christmas lights and warm clothing to accompany her excellent performance on the violin. Going to see Christmas lights is among my favorite things to do during the holiday; I haven’t gone yet this season, but we’ll see.

Silent Night - Lindsey Stirling





I also enjoy this version sung by the Vienna Boys Choir.


Vienna Boys Choir - Stille Nacht


Wherever you are, I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas season.

Happy observance of the day of your birth, sweet baby Lord Jesus! Merry Christmas to you and yours, with faith, peace, love, and hope!