Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Hello friends!

I generally don’t make New Year’s resolutions; I kind of make resolutions whenever I need to, no matter what day it is.

Though, January 1st is a good day to start something if one wants an easy date to remember and an easy date to finish on. I have used the 1st for an important date once so far as I can remember, other than reading through the Bible kine stuff.

I have a few goals and things for the year, some great things to look forward. Some are too personal to share and some I will share with you here.

  • With YouVersion Bible app on Kindle: I have chosen a one-year, whole Bible reading plan, Reading God’s Story: One-Year Chronological Plan; I have also chosen to read through the NKJV this year (last year was NLT)
  • With YouVersion Bible app on Kindle: I have chosen a few shorter devotional reading plans that I will be doing about once a month; I am beginning in January with Lysa TerKeurst’s Made to Crave: 21 Day Challenge [NKJV]
  • I am considering doing Lent for the first time and still considering what I might give up : Facebook, YouTube, juice/ iced tea, meat (yikes!); in preparation, I’ve been looking up the meaning of Lent and such
  • I am working on a list of personal projects, one being to make a box or case thing for my computer tower- my room is very dusty so I wanna protect it a little more; another is to build a thing for the full-length mirror I recently got (it is just the mirror at this point, no borders or stands, etc.)

  • I am going to write a separate Healthy Go post for things regarding healthiness, but I thought I’d mention just one here: I have started a 365 project; it is going to be to chronicle my moves towards health, every day; one can follow it here: MyYear of Health 

  • Also, I am looking forward to being an aunty through my sister-friends! At the moment, I know of 4 good friends who are set to give birth to Snake babies (Year of the Snake)


That is all I can think of at the moment. I am probably forgetting stuff to share. Well, I’ll most likely share it as it comes!

Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you have any you could share with me?

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

Thank you for reading!