Saturday, January 12, 2013

Healthy Go: Steady As She Goes


Hello friends,

If you’ve been following “My Year of Health,” then you already have an idea of how the past week has gone.

I think it was okay. I got a lot of walking and several stairs done. I got out and about which tends to lift my spirits. I dropped the ball on a day exploration by not eating in a timely manner but there was not and will not be 2 bad days in a row.

Not great, but not horrible.

Speaking of spirits, the whole week I have felt the steadiest that I have in a long while. I was a little anxious about things but took care of them right away so that the anxiety didn’t build to a dangerous level. I’m still waiting on 2 more things but everything should be okay. One of them will be decided by next week and then I’ll start on another goal.

Someone asked me about my heartbreak thing. I can break my heart on many things. I don’t really know what to say about this. Right now, I am greatly missing someone and yet I will do what I have to do for me. I mean, whether I’m alone or with people, I will do what I have to do; I am generally not the type to wait around.

And 2 of my Great Friends recently reminded me more of who I am. I am a fighter. I am able.

So when it comes to my health and my heartbreak, I am carrying on with HG. Sometimes one might be able to tell that I’ve been sad or something but the main thing is that I carry on no matter what else is going on in my life. I allow myself to be sad for a time and then I pick up and carry on.

I don’t really know what else to say about the past week. I did a lot of walking and stairs, and yesterday morning (Friday), I thought I was going to miss the bus so I hustled my morning walk- I try not to do so. By the end of the day, my foot was hurting. Ever since I injured my leg about 18 months ago, the arch in that foot has flattened a little and gets to hurting if I try to do too much. It’s okay, I’m okay; it will be ready to go again by tomorrow.

Dad went to the store the other day and they had the parmesan tilapia back so he picked some up for me- looking forward to that!

Ummm… yeah. That’s about it. It was an okay week. That’s how it goes sometimes.

Thank you for reading!


P.S. I’m not the only one getting healthy; here is my MegaMouth shark at the doctor’s, getting a check up (she has a flea allergy). Mega is doing okay!

She’s saying, “This is MY lion; go kill your own!” *wink*