Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Bronze Plum Eye


Bronze Plum Eye













I don’t wear purple on my eyes very often so I thought I would do one recently. I paired the purple with bronze shades and I really liked how it came out. I hope you’ll like it too!


For a more detailed description of what I did to achieve this look, keep on reading. If you just want a list of products used and photos, go ahead and skip the description by scrolling towards the end. Click on any picture for a larger view.
____________________________

This photo shows the purple more.
This was before I used Amber Rush.
I began by putting Maybelline Bad to the Bronze on the lid. I often use this as a base since it can be worn neutral for an everyday look or be jazzed up with color or more shimmer for a night time look.  Above that, I blended in some NYX Deep Purple; this ended up not showing so much in the photo but in person it still shows. I’m using it more for a hint of color anyway to compliment the liner later.

The highlight under my brows is the light color from NYX Rock & Roll Trio; this is a skin-color satin, almost matte shade. Above the Deep Purple, I used Loreal Amber Rush and blended it out. This makes the purple look a little more plum.
Rough diagram of how I used the
colors.

Preferring a soft liner color, I lined my top and bottom with Maybelline Audacious Asphalt and let that dry/ set. Urban Decay Ransom was used on the bottom lash line, over the Asphalt; this was the color star for this look.

To finish off the eyes, I curled my lashes. Instead of mascara, I put on false lashes, the Red Cherry 747S with the Duo lash glue in the dark tone.
____________________________

As you can see, I have discoloration on my face. It developed within the last year, I believe, either from old acne scars coming back to haunt me, a reaction to a food allergy, or the food allergy sparked the return of the acne scars- who really knows? It basically looks like I have a bad blush job.

I have dry/ combination skin, medium toned with a cool undertone; that is what I am told. Neutrogena Natural Beige is a good match to my skin. Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light helped to even out and cover up the discoloration more. Since the weather is drier, I only set the foundation on my cheeks where it tends to get a little oily; I used the Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent.

Face products used
MAC Immortal Flower blush is a pretty light peach color. Even though it is fall/winter, I am pretty much one color all year long so I went ahead and used a little Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer for a little more color as well as a contour.

To compliment the purple in the eye makeup, I went with a pink lip. I used Revlon Sky Pink, and because this is a matte finish, I wanted just a little bit of softness. I layered Revlon Peach Parfait on top of the pink, just in the middle part of my lips.


All done! The finished look.

From a distance, it looks like a usual neutral look but up close the pop of color is so gorgeous, in my opinion. It will be eye-catching for your dinner date for sure- just wear something nicer than my ratty-stay-at-home tank top that I have on!
____________________________

Eye, lash & brow products used


Products used:
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze (25)
NYX Deep Purple (middle of trio)(06)
NYX Rock & Roll trio (light shade)(29A)
L’oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush (892)
M. Color Tattoo in Audacious Asphalt (15)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Ransom
Red Cherry lashes #747S

Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation in Natural Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent (001)
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
MAC blush in Immortal Flower

Revlon lipstick in Sky Pink (012)
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait (025)

*If you try this look for yourself, feel free to use similar colors- of course you don’t have to use the exact products and colors I used in order to look great!
____________________________

If you have any questions or suggestions for me, leave it in the comment box below. 

Is there a color combination or theme that you would like me to try in the future?

Thank you for reading and see you next time!


Top: Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze
Mid: Maybelline Color Tattoo Audacious Asphalt
Bottom: L'oreal Infallible Amber Rush
Left: NYX Rock & Roll trio- (used bottom color)
Right: NYX Purple/Deep Purple/ Prune trio
(used middle color)
Left: MAC blush Immortal Flower
Right: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Left: Revlon Lip Butter Peach Parfait
Right: Revlon lipstick Sky Pink