Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Brokenness and How You Can Help


Life can be overwhelming.

On Monday, I asked my mom if she would help me clean up the livingroom on Wednesday, today. I wanted to prepare her. So she asked me on Tuesday, in preparation for today, to try to get the TV to work.

The TV is working and so we’ll be cleaning today.

The thing is, most people (who know us or have seen our house) think that the problem is mom’s.

The truth is that I know that I contributed to the disorderliness. I feel some guilt in that. The mess depresses me and overwhelms me, but I wonder how my mom is dealing with it when people put the blame on her. So I am going to do my part to ease the mess.
____________________________

The holiday season should be a joyous time.

For some, it is a difficult time. Life is hard. The holidays can sometimes magnify the overwhelming struggles of life.

I have tried several times to write this post and I just don’t know how to write it. So, I will just say that I would like to ask that you say a prayer for those whom are in pain during the holidays. I know that for many, they’re struggling with deeper issues than a messy room.

If you are in a position to do so, please consider making a donation to an organization that cares for hurting people.

I know that sounds vague. I would probably say too much to try to explain, but people in pain are constantly in my thoughts, especially at this time of year.

So, I would like to suggest three organizations that I trust and to which I have given some money at some time. Below are the mission statements of each and the websites where you can find more information.
____________________________

To Write Love On Her Arms [TWLOHA]

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.


I Am Second

I am Second is a movement meant to inspire people of all kinds to live for God and for others. The authentic stories on iamsecond.com provide insight into dealing with typical struggles of everyday living. These are stories that give hope to the lonely and the hurting, help from destructive lifestyles, and inspiration to the unfulfilled. You’ll discover people who’ve tried to go it alone and have failed. Find the hope, peace, and fulfillment they found. Be Second.


Family Talk

To help preserve and promote the institution of the family and the biblical principles on which it is based, and to seek to introduce as many people as possible to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Specifically, the focus of the ministry is on marriage, parenthood, evangelism, the sanctity of human life and encouraging righteousness in the culture.
____________________________

As I said earlier, please make a donation to an organization of your choice or you may choose one of the three I mentioned here. If you cannot give at this time, please say a prayer for those who are in pain.

And maybe, think about, or rather, find someone who might need a little help or a cheer in their day and give all the help and cheer you can. They might not be able to ask for themselves.

Thank you.