Monday, December 17, 2012

Bible Reading Plan Update


Today is day 352 of the year. It feels like it has been a long year for me and yet it went in a blur.

I have been keeping up with the Bible read somewhat well. I would miss a couple of days and then catch up and now that the semester is over, I am reading every day (though I ought to be reading every day no matter what).

I believe this will have been the second time that I have read through the Bible; it might be the third time, as I don’t have a great working memory. The first time, I aimed for a year but finished in a year and a half. This time, I will have finished in a year. Just like with the Healthy Go journey, I am building up the discipline of reading the Bible every day. I am getting better at it each time.

Today I have read through Obadiah and Revelation 9. It occurred to me that it seems odd to be reading about the end times in Revelation as we approach a time of celebration with Christmas.

I don’t have any brilliant reflection on Obadiah and Revelation. I don’t understand them as well as I hope to one day. I’m sorry that this is such a flat update.
____________________________

I hope that wherever you are, and whatever your beliefs, that you will be able to spend good time with family and friends.

For my fellow praying people, please continue to pray for the families in Connecticut.

Thank you for reading.