Monday, August 27, 2012

I’m Coming to America!


I know what you’re gonna say. “Hawai‘i is a member of the United States.” You would be correct.



Thanks, Google Maps!

Reminds me of how I was hired by a certain store twice. The first time was in CA, where I walked in and was hired on the spot, but then promptly walked out because the manager kept asking me for my green card. The manager didn’t understand what I was saying about my ID and Hawaii. About a year later, I was hired by the same company at the store in HI- no green card required and I met some wonderful people.

Hawaii does seem like a totally different country at times, doesn’t it?

So, I am soon to be on [Mission: Have Fun Stormin’ Seattle!]. I will be gone for a while; I might even stay there…?

No? 

I guess I’ll have to come back.

So, I will be taking the Fire with me, but I don’t know if I will be able to post any updates while I’m up there. I haven’t posted to this journal through the Fire before so I shall try it out, but if it’s too humbug, you’ll just have to suck it up and miss me for the time being!

I’m kidding. I’ll have to suck it up and miss you.

I will have to see how the remote posting goes and how much stormin’ fun I’ll be doing. Oh shoot, just realized that whatever happens, I won’t be able to post any pictures. Hmm. Maybe I should wait until after I get back to post about the trip? We’ll see.
____________________________

Oh! And I am a couple days behind on the Bible read. And… I am pretty tired today to type out a reflection.

I have been scrambling around the past week, trying to get a schedule set and get things ready before and for Stormin’.

So. I will miss you in the coming days. If you’re in the Seattle area, message me or call me somehow and let’s meet up!

And... check out the new "About Me" page- I finally made a more official one- find it on the page link bar near the top of this journal. Comments welcome. Please be gentle?

Bye for now! And thank you for reading!