Friday, August 10, 2012

Healthy Go: No Brain, No Gain


Hello friend,

Today is Friday, correct? Ahh, good.

I don’t have much to report for this Healthy Go update. Why? Because my brain has apparently gone on vacation without me.

Sigh. It has been a long week of nothing.

One of the things is that I am looking after my sick cat. And an apparently aging or stubborn cat. They have both been sleeping in my room with me and it has taken a toll on my regular sleeping routine, the one that I had just gotten into. I couldn’t say how many hours I slept in a day or when I slept and when I awoke. I can’t remember much at all of the last week.

It really showed on Monday. I woke up. I knew I was supposed to eat something. I couldn’t come up with what I was supposed to eat. I don’t mean that I couldn’t decide; I mean that I couldn’t think of any foods. Then I got an idea and I went to the kitchen. I started preparing the food, then realized that I wasn’t preparing the food I had decided on. So I stopped and restarted and prepared the food I had decided on. I know I could’ve eaten whatever it was I first started preparing, but for some reason, my mind couldn’t take that. It had made a decision and it was going to happen.

Wednesday was better. The only brain malfunction was that I hadn’t prepared the emergency snack that I told myself to make. I had to go somewhere, it ended up being much longer than I had expected, and had no food and no water with me. So I picked up fast food on the way home and called it a day.

It wasn’t the usual thinking hindrance of thinking too much or anything like that. I had moments where there was pretty much nothing on my mind. I didn’t know what to do with myself.

So, I am going to figure out plans for meals ahead of time. And have some workouts or activities scheduled out. I had been keeping track of what I eat and what exercises I did, but more recording it after the fact rather than planning ahead. I’ll see how pre-planning goes.

At the least, I didn’t pig out this week. I might have under-eaten a day or two. I really can’t say since I distrust my recorded eating notes.

The sick cat is mending though. There are still things being checked and I will have to take her in again next week, but she is doing better.
____________________________

Even though I didn’t do any heavy exercising this week, my left leg has been throbbing again, in the old spots as well as in a few new spots too. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about yet. The shocks are creeping back too.

Being size 10 again has been confirmed. I tried on my other 10 dress and it fit just fine. I tried on another dress that I haven’t fit in awhile and it too fits, though it could be more comfortable in the middle section. I’m excited because it means I won’t have to buy a new outfit for my friend’s themed party later this month!

That’s all I can think of to update this time. I’m sorry for the lack of brainpower behind it. I didn’t weigh in. I was going to go to the gym to weigh myself and get cardio in, but I can’t remember what happened that I didn’t go as planned.

You’re welcome to leave a comment in the section below and I will reply as soon as I am able, about a day or two.

Hope that your brain is functioning as usual and that you have a lovely week!

Thank you for reading!