Saturday, July 7, 2012

Spring Green Eyes


I told you the makeup looks would still be coming.

This is what I will be wearing to go with Rachel somewhere tonight.





































If you’re interested in more information about the products used and some description of how I used them, read on!

Otherwise, please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, questions, hellos, criticisms in the comment area below. How do you like this look?
____________________________

On my face (in order of use):
Sei Bella Daytime Delivery Crème
Tarte Clean Slate Flawless Brightening Primer (sample)
Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealor (light)
Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm (SPF 20; Nude Glow; sample)
MAC Studio Fix Foundation (C30)
NYX Rock & Roll Eyeshadow Trio (middle shade to fill in eyebrows)
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder
MAC Blush in Immortal Flower
MAC Blush in Peony Petal
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray

I haven’t really written about actual makeup products much and haven’t posted a look in awhile, so bear with me while I write on.

I got sunburned a few weeks ago, right before my friend’s wedding which is so smart of me. My face peeled strangely and I wasn’t used to seeing my face with color. Rachel said I wasn’t that dark but I’m usually quite pale so just a hint of color is a lot to me.

My skin is starting to calm down now. I’m still trying out how to work the samples I got of the Tarte Clean Slate and Too Face TBB, but I think it looks good today. The Clean Slate did help to brighten and therefore lessen the look of some discoloration on my skin; the TBB gave a light coverage and a natural, dewy finish to the skin. I topped that off with the Studio Fix for a little more coverage.

I used the Chocolate Soleil for a little contouring, then applied Immortal Flower. I lightly tapped a little Peony Petal on the tops of the cheeks for a little pop of healthy-looking color and blended out the cheek colors.

The Setting Spray is a newer thing for me. I’ve heard it mentioned several times while watching beauty videos. It’s used to help makeup stay put and look fresh on the face for longer than usual. Most people mention the De-Slick spray, which does the same thing, used mostly by those with oily skin to control shine.

I have normal-to-dry skin and so was going to try the Dew Me Setting Spray, but it was sold out at Sephora when I went for it, so I got the All Nighter instead. So far it has worked well. I still have to remember to shake it before I spray. A tip I learned from videos is to spray once before the makeup and then again after the makeup, and people have said it has worked better for them than just spraying after.

Today I used the spray after putting on moisturizer (before primer), after the Studio Fix, and then at the end.

My eyebrows, yes, are not the same. I mean, even how I shape them, they tend to look different and I don’t mind so much. I have a few sparse areas on both sides so I fill them in with a dark brown eyeshadow. I am trying out a brow pencil but don’t quite have the hang of it yet and I still prefer the shadow; I think it looks most natural on me.
____________________________

For the eyes:
Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Perversion
NYX Lashes (Elite, EL104; one cut in half)
Duo Lash Adhesive (Clear)
Tarte Clean Slate Creaseless Eye Primer sample
NYX Trio (TS08; Spring Leaf)
NYX Rock & Roll Trio (darkest shade)
Urban Decay shadows in Naked and Virgin (from Naked palette)

I wasn’t sure if I was going to wear shadows or not so I started with the liner to help cover the false lash line. Doing any kind of cateye-ish lining is tricky with my oily, hooded eyelids. Also, my eyes look very different from each other and I am not skilled in evening them out; this is the best I can do at this point. I keep the liner away from my outer corner where it tends to collect and smear. I tend to make the line thick because otherwise nothing shows when my eyes are open; also, liner tends to transfer to my lid anyway. Blinking causes the liner to smear so I don’t worry too much about a clean line. I topped it off with the darkest shadow from the NYX trio to help the liner stay in place.
 
I haven’t been able to find more of my favorite lashes, so I have been looking for similar ones, the kind that flare out a little more at the outer corners. This is my first pair of NYX lashes; it was on sale and had the flare. Now, these lashes are a little strange to me as is, but I thought this could work since my eyes are smaller than most lash band lengths and so I cut these in half to use on both eyes. Eh, I think it works alright.
 
I decided to use shadows after all. I got the green NYX trio from Shelly’s Bridal Shower. The Spring Leaf color is a beautiful summer color (the one on the left); I placed it just over the liner, overlapping the liner just a little. To help blend it out, I used Naked (3rd from left) above that over the rest of the lid. I used Virgin (1st from left) to highlight under the brows and to highlight the high point, also under the brow. I was hoping to keep this looking a little subtle, so I didn’t do anything under the eyes or highlight the inner corner.
____________________________

On the lips:
NYX liner (Natural, 810)
MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing
Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

The lips took a little trial and error. Those are the products I ended up using. I wanted something a little bright that matched the cheek colors a little.
____________________________

That is it!

Again, please feel free to leave comments, suggestions, questions, hellos, criticisms in the comment area below. How do you like this look?

Thank you for reading!


A few sources where you might find the products used: