Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Music: Christina Perri- Arms


I stumbled upon Christina Perri through YouTube. I had seen two ladies cover this song and I thought that they and the song sounded good, so I checked out more of Perri through iTunes.

This is the video of the cover; I think they both have beautiful voices:



Quite possibly, “Arms” could be in my Top 100 all-time, easily. I like the melody, the orchestration, the lyrics, etc. I like Perri’s voice. I could listen to it all day.

Some of the lyrics:

I hope that you see right through my walls
I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
I’ll never let our love get so close
You put your arms around me and
I’m home

At least, that’s what I believe the words are.

I even like the accompanying official music video. Visually, it really suits Perri’s style and the song. In my opinion, the guy’s arm being tattooed is a nice touch; I can only really see one of his arms in the video.



The personal point for me is that I am attracted to good, strong arms. I mean, personality and smile aside, I like a guy with strong arms. Hugs, hand-holding, all of that is good. I think it goes deeper too, that the image of strong arms representing safety and security appeals to me. When I want to keep something, I hold on to it. …I’m going to leave it there for now.

It’s the kind of song that I wish I had written myself. So, thank you, Christina Perri for writing it and singing it so lovely.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this song as well! Happy Wednesday!

Mahalo for reading.