Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday 205: His Handiwork


A beautiful dusk sky
I have kept current with my Bible reading! I am still in the Psalms and latter half of Acts.

Today, I think I shall keep it simple. Today, I am in awe.

I wonder that in all pieces of creation, someone will find the beautiful.

I may not see beauty or purpose in a flying roach chasing me, but I’m sure there is a bug fanatic who finds them fascinating.

I wonder that people find sunsets and sunrises beautiful, and they also find stormy skies beautiful.

I wonder that there is so much variety. I wonder at how much in the world is unique yet so much can also be the same- like human beings, we are all the same, all of one kind, and yet no two alike.

A beautiful night sky
Sometimes, it’s difficult for me to see the beauty in myself. I feel so alone at times, all but for the mean, lying voices in my mind.

And then I wonder that there’s something in that beautifully shaped tree or the peace I feel at the sound of rain; I wonder if God’s reminding me that he’s here, that I am not alone.

I wonder that he sent a specific person to give me a much needed phone call to tell me that I am not forgotten. I hope that person knows how beautiful they are.

Why are things beautiful? Why are people beautiful? What is it that causes us to seek beauty?





A beautiful betta though, not beautifully shot

What compelled me to stop and take a picture of this water lily?

A water lily, beautifully made by God

Why did my heart warm at the sight of your smile?

My friend Rachel, whose smile is beautiful, made by God

And when I feel all alone, why do I not give up? Why do I cry out? To whom am I crying out?

Perhaps it is that still small voice that speaks Truth, that just like the beautiful person who called me, I was made by my Creator, and that is where I should look for my worth.

Psalms 139: 13- 14 [NKJV]
“For you formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.”

You are wonderfully made too. I hope you know that.

I think David said it best so I will end with a psalm of his; it is a great chapter that was part of my reading last week. It’s a great one for reflection.

Thank you for reading.

God, I don’t understand why you thought me worthy to be made; I don’t understand why you’ve made such a wonderful world for us to live in; I don’t understand your ways, yet keep showing me please. Continue to remind me who I am in you. Do the same for all the others. And thank you for it all. -Jennifer
____________________________

Psalm 19 [NKJV; BibleGateway.com]

The Perfect Revelation of the Lord

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.


19 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.
Its rising is from one end of heaven,
And its circuit to the other end;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
13 Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.