Friday, July 13, 2012

Healthy Go : Get A Move On!


Ahhh, cravings for the old food are starting to hit me! Dad likes to go to Kay’s and Tanioka’s on Fridays. I love Tanioka’s- fried chicken, musubi, spicy ahi, shrimp tempura… so delicious! The fried chicken has just the blend of spices that I crave.

See, the counter's on 3 [x24= ounces]
Dad went today, but didn’t get anything for me from Tanioka’s because he’s noticed that I’ve been on a health kick lately. Sigh. Well, perhaps I shall have to make Fridays my “free day?” It’s generally what I’ve been doing anyway, without going overboard either. So I told Dad that next time, I could go for some fish patties or salmon patties and vegetable tempura next time.

Water intake is getting better! I had at least 48 ounces a day. One day I got up to 72 ounces of water so yay!
____________________________

[Image from Amazon.com]
My legs and buttocks are sore because I’ve been reviewing the Jillian Michael’s workout DVDs that I have. I really like the “Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism” one [find it on Amazon.com here] because the only thing one needs is an exercise mat and a lot of the moves are taken from kickboxing, which I enjoy. I’ve mentioned previously that I’m not a peaceful exerciser- I like moving, I like punching and kicking. I like that kind of pain. 

Rachel wants me to go with her to yoga one of these days and I’ll go try it out, but generally, I like to be punching something!


The only difficulty for me are the moves that put pressure on my toes- jumping or sometimes jogging in place- because of my messed up big toe nail that cuts into the flesh. It would take surgery or another horrible toe-bruising to fix this problem so for now I just deal with it.

This past week, I’ve done the warm up section, and then 1 or 2 of the seven 6-minute circuits. I also added a few other ab and push up exercises.

I also have the “30 Day Shred” and the “No More Trouble Zones” DVDs. Some of the moves use weights, as one is comfortable with them.

I like all 3 DVDs. I naturally do not sweat much, but these moves make me sweat. I can workout and not feel it in my muscles until 2 days later but with these workouts, I’m feeling it the very next day. I’m feeling muscles that I didn’t even know had done anything in the exercises. This could just be because I haven’t done much exercise-wise in awhile, which is why I only lasted a couple circuits at a time.

That’s okay, I’ll get stronger in time, right?

As long as I keep going… and going… and going…

I’ve also been looking at websites for exercise-planning advice. If you know of a good one, let me know!
____________________________

So… the current goal of the dress… I tried it on again today and it went on a little easier than last week so I am hoping that is a good sign.

It is still tight in the chest area, and that is going to be difficult… it’s going to take awhile before that area fits comfortably. For those who didn’t know, I am well-blessed in that area. From my experiences in the past, the area grows as I gain weight- typical. The thing is that I tend not to lose any in that area as I lose weight. I’ve gone up and down in weight over periods of my life, but that area has only gone up so far. We shall see what happens this time.

Hopefully, getting my diet under control with the exercising will have better results.
____________________________

This week’s stats----
Weight: no weigh in
Size: easier 10
Activity: moving! (looking to increase)
Food: healthier! +
Liquids: H2O + (looking to increase); 1- 2/3 sodas

Current Goal----
To fit into the size 10 dress comfortably
____________________________

Insert encouragement in the comment area below or tell me what is your current Healthy Go endeavor?

Mahalo for reading and LET’S GET MOVING!