Monday, July 30, 2012

Day 212: Another Day


The past week’s readings were: Psalm 35- 53; Acts 25- 28; and Romans 1 & 2.

To be honest, I’m not quite sure what to touch on for today’s reflection. Many thoughts are racing around my mind that it’s difficult to get a grasp on one.

How about the Book of Romans? It’s a good book, one to read especially if one is confused about what the whole message of the Bible is about. At times, it’s uncomfortable to read it, as it was Paul’s letter to the Romans, and Paul… he was zealous for his God. I read him as quite a no-nonsense kind of writer and a tough act to follow.

And then I remember that God made me as I am and Paul as he was. I just have to be me, but how I pray to have Paul’s zeal.

Psalm 50: 15 reads [NLT]
“Then call on me when you are in trouble,
And I will rescue you,
And you will give me glory.”

This verse comes from a psalm of Asaph, written in part from the perspective of God to his people [verse 1 starts with: “The Lord, the Mighty One, is God, and he has spoken; …].

Well, my heart and mind have been troubled for the past few days. Yesterday was difficult. I ended the day with calling out to God and he gave me some rest and another day of life. I didn’t think I would sleep at all.

Today, I have a headache.

I apologize for this distracted post.

I hope that you are well and will have a great week!

Thank you for reading and thank God for another day.