Monday, June 25, 2012

Into the Good Book: Monday 177


This past week has been busy for a special reason: my friend was home to get married! And so I did not catch up much at all on my readings. I am up through June 2nd currently, which is through 2 Chronicles 20. At least I have caught up to the current month!

I don’t really have much to say about the readings and I feel poorly about that. I admit that while reading during the past week, I’ve been preoccupied with much that is junk.

I bookmarked John 13:34-35, which has been on my mind a lot whenever I think of that particular junk. It says, “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” [NLT]

At one point, a few years ago, I was ready to love people. I wanted to continually get better at it. I don’t really know how to explain this.

I feel like people think the verse reads instead “Your toleration for one another….” I don’t want to be simply tolerated. I don’t want someone to feel that I’m just tolerating them.

I apologize for this being such a bland update. I have already prepared a post for tomorrow which might shed a little more light on why I’ve been so preoccupied lately.

Anyways, so that is the update. I believe I only missed one day of actually reading something in the Bible, even with all the busy-ness.

I hope that you are you’re doing well with your reading, that you’re getting something out of it, that you’re able to spend that time each day despite distractions.

Thank you for reading and see you next time!