Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tutorial: Wearing False Lashes


A pair of false lashes      [I recommend Red Cherry or Ardell; see previous related post]
Eyelash glue                    [I like Duo in Dark-tone]

Possible tools:
Scissors                            [To cut down the lashes]
Tweezers                         [To help hold the lashes while placing them]



First, you’ll want to size the lashes to fit your natural eyelash length.  Take one lash from the keeper and place it across your natural lashes.  Line them up to where you want them to be.  Cut off any extra length. 

Note: The false lashes do not have to match the length of your natural lashes exactly or completely.  For instance, you might want just a little extra volume at the outer corners of your eyes- an idea to doing this would be to take one false lash and cut it in half.  Then just use one half false lashes on each eye.

You can see in the picture to the right that I've cut this pair down.  I like cutting off any extra from the outer end.


Next, apply a thin layer of eyelash glue onto the false lashes.  Wait about 30 seconds to let the glue dry a little to tackiness. 


Note: to place the lashes on your eyes, you can hold them either with your fingers, or with a tool made to do this, or with tweezers.  I just use my fingers but tweezers may help you to see more of what you’re doing.







Starting with the center of the lashes, place them as close to your natural lash line as possible.  Then place the outer edge down and next the inner edge.  This way will help you to place the lashes where you want them without having to adjust too much or have the glue dry completely before you get them placed.

To blend the false lashes with your natural lashes, just gently press them together.  I wiggle both lashes between my fingers lightly which seems to help.

That should be it! 


Position the outer end of the lashes first.

Work your way across the eye.

Position the inner end lastly.  Make a few adjustments if
necessary so that the lashes are where you want them to
be.  Push the lash gently so that it is firmly on the eyelid.


How I look without false lashes:









How I look with false lashes:




____________________________

When you’re done wearing the lashes, I don’t think there’s a “correct” way to take them off in terms of taking care of the delicate eye area.  At the end of the day, my lashes tend to be looser at the inner end, so I pull gently from that end.

To care for the false lashes, I recommend putting them away as soon as possible.  Keep them on the tray they came in to help the lashes keep their shape.  If they come off while I’m out, and I don’t have the tray with me, I will put the lashes carefully between the pages of my notebook or something like that so that I can find them when I get home; this will keep the lashes from getting bent out of shape or getting shredded by something else in my bag.

For cleaning the lashes, only every so often do I gently pull off the glue build up from the band. 

   

Like I had said in the previously related post, I have only started to wear false lashes on a more regular basis and I have yet to use up or have to throw out a pair.  The one I use the most, I’ve used it about 30 times now and the only sign of use is the glue on the band. 

Please comment below with any questions or comments, any other tips or instructions I might have left out.  Comment about whether you like my photos or not.  Comment about the page layout.  Comment about whatever you’d like!

And please join us for Holla’s Eye Makeup Challenge on Facebook!  We have one new member last week and looking for more to participate!

Thank you for reading and happy long lashes!